NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

loud motor

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Pete, he has an Air Nautique. With a tower, no reason not to sit in the back seat.
BKH

Brian, The tower is a option and onthehill doesn't state his has it. Even if it does have the tower, I don't feel it's a good idea from the standpoint of tow line snap back. Sitting up front I've gotten hit. Still not the best but you do usually have a chance to see it coming.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
onthehill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onthehill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 2:44pm
Thanks everyone, I enjoy jest as well as next one. sorry to be so touching first time out. I am a convert to Correct Craft already. Seems all my friends have MC but they all admitt the wake for skiing plus the wake for wake boarding and surfing really is a plus over all their 197's. Look forward to this site. Thanks tim
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 2:35pm
Onthehill,

Jbear is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Has one pet peeve though. He likes his boats and his motorcycles loud. Enjoys the rumble of the engine.

Pete, he has an Air Nautique. With a tower, no reason not to sit in the back seat.

TRBenj is probably right. 15mph is probably a particularly loud speed band.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 1:39pm
Tim,
Didn't your Air Nautique 2001 with 27 hrs come equipped with a set of these?

John, I guess or lives are wasted! We can't talk about our favorite CC's as much!

Tim, Welcome to the site and enjoy your new Air. Are you sitting in the back while someone is boarding at the 15 MPH? It's really not the best idea.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
onthehill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onthehill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 12:07pm
jbear, i see you do not have a life (2.8 post a day) . No I am not kidding but you must be a real funny guy.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 1:44am
Uhhh...this guy is kidding...right?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 8:09pm
At 15mph, youre going to get a lot of sound waves reflecting back into the cockpit due to the large wake and the attitude the boat is at (relatively bow high).

Nautiques have been getting quieter and quieter since they went to the single exhaust in '89. Theyre arguably the quietest tournament boats on the market now. Its likely that your old MC either ran very flat at that speed, or the shape of the wake was different (or both).

Try speeding up by a few mph to get the boat planed off a bit more.
onthehill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onthehill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 7:53pm
I have just bought a Air Nautique 2001 with 27 hrs. I find it hard to sit in back seat and hear when somewone talks due to the loud motor when going about 15 miles per hour. I had a MasterCraft and this was not a problem. Is this usual for a Nautique? thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic