NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where’s all the Green Lake Reunion Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

EDIT: Roger, you did ask about the dates: Planning to leave out Tues PM, 7/8, and arrive in GL Weds near happy hour (Simply coincidence). We're leaving out Mon AM.   

Thanks Reidp,
I have it on the calendar. We will plan on leaving New Hill at 4pm. That should put us in Statesville about 6:30.
Really looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

We staying in the Motorhomes Tuesday night in KY ?
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Steve(62 wood)Are you bringing the baracuda? Please......

Paul, not sure which boat to bring yet ... I could bring a Barracuda...but it wont be the 66 SS.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:23pm
Reid, what the hell are you smokin......I just got the prop Monday.....haven't tried it out yet. It's been raining or tornadic here almost every day..

Steve, dude i will be there thursday for your little party.(if i'm invited)Cant wait!

Steve(62 wood)Are you bringing the baracuda? Please.......

Damn mark were gonna miss ya and lime( Really just Blondie girl)
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:10pm
What about the New england reunion this year Mark, its later in the year and you just head due north...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 3:51am
Thanks RainDog, we thougt about that, but I would feel naked without my boat, no we just cant take the time off of work during that time this year, but we will make it next year, that is if gas is still under 10-bucks a gal, well maybe "Boat dr" will have the fastest boat at the lake this year, that is if "Marshall" dont make the trip also!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 3:00am
Roger,
If all goes as planned, I'd like to be at I-77 and I-40 at about 6-7:00 PM which would put us up near Greg (Skicat and Tom) in KY about midnight for the evening.   Then get up daybreak and head north to collect Quinner thru ChiTown in the 1-2:00 PM range or whatever it takes to miss the traffic. If my times are off someone let me know.

Steve, work/business unfortunately put our newest project on the back burner, so no NC rockets will be blasting off at GL. We're looking at something to match the orange stripe to the left here and shown below. I hope BoatDr doesn't get bored as his competition may be limited. So just which weekend in August is this trip?

EDIT: Roger, you did ask about the dates: Planning to leave out Tues PM, 7/8, and arrive in GL Weds near happy hour (Simply coincidence). We're leaving out Mon AM.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:35am
Mark,
Is flying in way possible? You might not have the Green Laser, but there will be plenty of seats available.

Reid, which weapon are you drawing from your quiver this year?
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:33am

I'll plan to speak further with Critter to determine precisely what time we hook up with him along I-40.

Reidp, where you plan on hitting I40 and at what time ? I live only a few miles from I40 and will just head West to meet up with you guys.

What day do we leave ?
And what day do we plan on coming back ?

I set the motor hoist up this evening to pull the motor out of the 80 tomorrow. Found that the rear seal is leaking bad and has to be replaced. Hoping to have it back together for next weekend.

Let me know the dates so that I can get off work...

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:28am
No problem Reid. I talked to Tom & called the campground & moved my reservation to Wednesday night as well. I am leaving Atlanta Tues evening & plan on getting to Lexington Tues night. We can work out the balance of the plans later. At least I know what days I am heading out.

We will be in Green Lake Wednesday evening!?
Greg

86 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

How far is it for you guys that live in IL and WI?

Bruce,

We are in Northern Ill, actually about 10mi south of the Cheddar curtain, 2.5-3.0hrs to get to GL with kids, 6+hrs with the guys, lot's of Peeler places along the way!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:24am
You guys are making me cry!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:41am
I'm sorry 'cat. Quinner's memory is obviously better than mine but I think he quoted the dates that I eluded to the other day on the phone before cutting you short. I NEED SOME TIME AWAY!! I hope we can work it to where we hook up with you guys. I'll plan to speak further with Critter to determine precisely what time we hook up with him along I-40.   Can't wait to see you guys.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 10:02pm

When is Green Lake? Is it during the summer?

Last year it was in the early spring I think,remember how cold it was? Had to be early. We'll be up Thursday.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I'm a little further west of Chicago as are 62wood and Pat Allen, just about 200 miles for me and a 4 hour drive in the motorhome.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 8:42pm
Milwaukee to GL in 1:45 doing the speed limit.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 8:13pm
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Joe,
I'll be up Monday the 7th at the latest.

Also, I'm planning a welcoming get together / cookout on Thursday evening (the 10th) for anyone who can make it over. I'll be posting details in the next day or two in the reunion section.

-Steve

Sounds awesome Steve, we'll be up wednesday night and probably heading home monday.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Good Water on Wednesdays kiddos..

And maybe Wednesday is Barney's day off!!

He only works till 6:00 pm guaranteed !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Good Water on Wednesdays kiddos..

And maybe Wednesday is Barney's day off!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 7:11pm
Damn, you boys get up there earlier every year... I'll be up late on Thursday.. Staying over the next week... Good Water on Wednesdays kiddos..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 6:50pm
Ditto on Wednesday the 9th, planning on hooking up with Reid and his caravan as they cross over into Wisco.

Greg, according to Mr. Tard that should be sometime Weds late afternoon.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 6:42pm
If things work out properly, we should be there Wednesday the 9th. BKH
Livin' the Dream

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 6:24pm
Joe,
I'll be up Monday the 7th at the latest.

Also, I'm planning a welcoming get together / cookout on Thursday evening (the 10th) for anyone who can make it over. I'll be posting details in the next day or two in the reunion section.

-Steve
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 6:17pm
Joe,

I would answer your question, but I can't get that Reid fellow to give me an answer on when he & the rest of the N.C. fellows are heading through Ky with those broke down boats they have. I guess I'm probably better off, I doubt they could keep up with us on the road, let alone on the water!
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 2:49am
now that there is pretty funny... whats the inside scoop when are the players planning to arrive this year and how long they staying. On the outside chance that I wont once again need to put an engine in my boat the day before and drive though the night to make it how early can I show up and not be lonely?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 2:27am
reid,
oxymoron!???!.... I resemble that statement!

Im planning on being at GL...got some library books to return before the late fines get to high...plus I need to return your pocket protector.

I still need to get one of the boats started...weather continues to be crappy..

As for that 62nautique312 guy... well...he's been known to stretch the truth just a LITTLE bit!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 2:07am
When is Green Lake? Is it during the summer? Will there be any inboards there? If I can get some particulars I'll check with my wife to see if we can make it. You guys sound a little rough around the edges but otherwise OK for a bunch of internet geeks with nothing to do but talk about outdated boats.

By the way, the 67nautique312 dude above acts like he could use a new prop, or maybe since he's acting so cocky he just got one and won't tell anybody. And that Joe guy should know that taking those old heads out of the bilge and simply painting them red is not going to make them run any better. And what's up with that old Doctor fellow? He'll probably experience numerous perfect passes as all the other boats go zooming by him. And 62Wood? That's an oxymoron, right, unless he's not talking about his age? Man, I sure hope all those guys are at Green Pond.      

ReidP
1973 Mustang

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 11:59am
Damn joe......looks like You've got your hands full of work to do! I hope my stringers never get bad.....I don't think i have the patients to do something that difficult.

Hurry up!! get er done! get your ass to Green lake

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 3:56am
I am working on it Steve, got that stringer glassed enough tonight to pull the next one out tomorrow, thanks for the offer on the bearing but I ordered one from OJ today going to try the vesconite one. You still get the run and the cocktail though.

Tim I can certainly use the weekend for the boat but I got to get started on skiing too its been almost two years, probably ten since I barefooted last. I may soon have to resort to visiting my friend with a mastercraft...

Some good green lake pics from last year sound like a good Idea for this thread, I will try to update my build thread sometime this week but the dust has been hell on my digital camera..

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 9:40pm
Awww, man. I'm really looking forward to seeing her go.

I have a brand new spare strut bushing 1-1/4" OD, 1" ID and 4" long. If it will fit your strut, it is yours in exchange for a nitrous run and a cocktail (in that order).

Email the word and it is in the mail tomorrow.

Git-R-Dun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic