NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kidder KD3000 Ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 5:31pm
it is purple
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 5:29pm
Oh man I was excited about the ski until every post I've read on this bad boy, people only talk about females using it. Did I buy a vw Jetta of the ski industry?

Thanks for the tip on rear foot first.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 5:19pm
For double boots, most folks put the back foot in first.

My wife has 3000, it's 63" or 64". She's always liked the ski, though she's not a real aggressive skier, so she doesn't push the ski to its capability.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 3:34pm
Great ski. My wife and daughter love thier 3000, in 63"

I'd like to take it for a rip but don't want to break it on them.

If you can't get up on it, report back here for advise, we'll get you going
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 7:08pm
cool.. thanks for the tips all! Its funny that the design of the boot is not much different than the hyperlite raider boots i have for the wakeboard. I'm hoping that the conditions allow for me to give this ski a try tomorrow. I'm really hoping 68" will get me out of the water easier. the 67" is definitely a struggle.

Just as a follow up, I did wash the bag in the washer on gentle cycle and let it air dry. It came out nice and clean. The straps were pretty rotted, so I will eventually stitch on some new ones, but not a pressing issue ATM.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 7:00pm
Don't forget to lube up your foot too. Makes entry much easier.   I have 2 KD skis and love 'em. KD 7000 and CR7.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
gas_it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gas_it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 3:36pm
I have an old Kidder Redline Graphite double boot that I love. Just don't get both boots so tight that you can't lose the ski on a hard fall.
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 3:06pm

You are going to have to "lube" the bindings when you put the ski on. I have always just kept a travel bottle of Dawn with me - Assuming you are on the platform-. Dunk the ski- squirt a little bit on each binding where they come together at the top. Slide feet in. The Dawn washes right away and you have a nice snug fit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 1:31pm
So I just received an impulse purchase of a Kidder KD3000 68" ski. It has a couple scrapes on the sole and a small gouge on the top plate. I'm hoping this is an upgrade from my Connelly Quatum.

Being new to the double boot world...is there anything I should know? Anyone have feedback on this ski?

Also, the bag is really dirty. I was thinking I'd toss it into the washer on the gentle cycle unless there is a better way to clean it up (i understand dirt doesn't really matter and it will just get dirty again, but i just like to create my own dirt )

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic