NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Ski Nautique 351w Hot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 11:51pm
Sounds to me like when it cooled down it pulled water up over both risers.
PV=nRT
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Skinautiqueobsessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinautiqueobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 11:21pm
It happened last Saturday evening. Any ideas on how the water got into the cylinders? I’ll start doing what you said and report back.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 11:16pm
Drain then remove your exhaust manifolds, looking for signs of water in the runners as you disassemble. Positive compression test following an overheat + water in cylinders likely means exhaust is toast- but confirm. You’ll need to keep evacuating the water from the cylinders until it’s all out (and no longer draining in) ASAP. Else you risk cylinder damage. When did this happen?
Skinautiqueobsessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinautiqueobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 11:11pm
I had my 89 ski nautique out for the first time this year and I noticed about 3 minutes in to running it at just idle, the temperature got to 220 and didn’t come back down. I kept going with about 1/4 throttle for 20 seconds and then I shut the engine off. I let it sit for a few minutes and then try to start it again. The engine tried to turn over but it wouldn’t. So I paddled back to the dock and loaded up. When I got home I took out all the spark plugs and cranked the engine over by hand. Water came out of most of the cylinders. I did not put a new RW impeller in this year. I used the best looking one that I had. I take it out over the winter. I did a compression check today on all cylinders and the highest consistent reading I got on a few of the cylinders was 180. The other cylinders were at 150. I did take the thermostat out last night and it did open up. What should I do next? TIA. Josh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic