NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Competition Skiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 7:20pm
Eric,

The torch first pa$$ed from my father (and mother) to me. Water is in my blood, so many great memories.

Chuck

P.S. I guess I should give wakeboarding another shot, the first time out it didn't do anything for me, maybe this summer.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 7:13pm
I also started at around age 4. I learned to start right out of deep water with my dad in the water with me. I still have the little Cypress Gardens skis that my brother and I learned on. We both later learned to kneeboard and slalom. We stopped skiing for awhile around the time the Skurfer came out. We did have a couple of those old skurfers, but stop skiing and kind of missed the wakeboard era. We never did learn to barefoot. That is my goat this summer.

I plan on teaching my daughter this summer. She is five. I'm really enjoying the thread that's going right now about teaching kids/adults. She's really geared up right now, but I'll have to see how she feels in the water this summer. No pressure here.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 7:08pm
Chuck, its good to see you pa$$ing the torch to your son, I guess skiing has evovled into wakeboarding and we probably would have prefered that too, in the day

eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 6:57pm
Great questions, I'd like to hear a lot of answers. I started skiing at 4, slaloming at 6, but all my skiing has been recreational. The lake where we boat at now has a ski course, so my youngest and I have been skiing it the past couple of summers. We're not very good at it, but it's been a great way to better enjoy our time together. He prefers wake boarding now.

Still the flatest wake I've skied behind was a 1970 16' Chrysler Fury with an 85 Johnson. My dad still has that boat. Even though our old Nautique puts out a bigger wake it's pretty cool to ski behind.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 6:39pm
I wonder how many of you guys were/are competition skiers?

For me, I just grew up with my dad and brother skiing on weekends behind either a ba$$ boat or a runabout. It seems like alot of you guys grew up behind CC's.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic