NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Used Muffler

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 3:34pm
Is it possible that I misnamed the fiberglass pipes in my floor?!!?

It sounded great in what I think was factory form and I can tell where the boat is in my cove without going down the hill(plenty loud!)...don't want to change a thing, but I figured the baffle in the tube served a purpose and it's loose.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:45pm
Straight pipes here as well.
Greg

86 BFN
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:19pm
I'm trying to figure out how to take mine out. It sounds great now, but I can only imagine.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:13pm
Why mufflers, but if you got to do it, I hear these are pretty good and don't result in lost power.http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=silencers-inline-insert
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:09pm
Geno, got to agree,,,,,,,,,,
Who needs a stinking muffler ????????
The only thing worse would be TWO......
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 2:05pm
Mufflers??????????
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 12:48pm
I need at least 1 muffler for the pumpkin patch('88 BFN). The 2 I have appear to be factory, and I can hear the baffle sliding inside of 1.

Side note-1 of the mufflers has a grey plastic fitting on each end. The other has the fitting on 1 end and a modified or repaired end. A friend's father who used to have a bfn looked at it and said his came from the factory the same way. Does anyone else have experience with this?

The 1 that needs to be replaced is the 1 with 2 fittings.

Thanks guys!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic