NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

obamarama

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 12:19pm
And how does Stevens have the 'nads to not step down?!!? He's up for re-election and says he won't take his name off of the ballot!

We could talk about Kennedy and others as well.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by MarineTech MarineTech wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

On the lighter side of things...and I mean this without any political leanings or bias...

What if a mythical giant used a huge sword to cut the legs out from under our system...what would grow back?

OK Greg, I give up, but then I'm not always too bright. I was hoping somebody else would jump on this with a response.

I was thinking about the entrenched special interest, and the 'filtering' of money after it leaves us. Also the absolutely crazy places our tax money ends up in. I think both parties(and someone please tell me why they are called parties) carry their share of the blame. I would compare our system to 2 crooks deciding how to knock over a bank.

Originally posted by MarineTech MarineTech wrote:

Gary, I couldn't agree with you more. An old talk radio host in Phila. used to always say that others complain that during this or that period the government did NOTHING. He stated correctly that those were the BEST of times.

We have a few radio hosts here who applaud every time they go on break! They can't be doing near as much harm that way.   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 12:13pm
Eric, I would consider doing what you did as being a good friend. What is he doing now?
MarineTech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

On the lighter side of things...and I mean this without any political leanings or bias...

What if a mythical giant used a huge sword to cut the legs out from under our system...what would grow back?

OK Greg, I give up, but then I'm not always too bright. I was hoping somebody else would jump on this with a response.

Gary, I couldn't agree with you more. An old talk radio host in Phila. used to always say that others complain that during this or that period the government did NOTHING. He stated correctly that those were the BEST of times.

Projects

Luchog wrote:   "Anyway, you're full of s79t"

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 12:01pm
Am I a bad friend? I grew up with this guy and he knows how to work the system, he hasnt worked a day in his life..he was squeezing workers comp, getting dis-ability, selling his prescription every month for 1800.00...that m-fr was clearing more doe than you could imagine. well we were out one night and i wound up sitting at a table with a group of Workers comp people tipping a few...my friend was with me and he was out on the dance floor, I threw his name out there and it sparked one of the people's attention at the table, he replied with I know that name well. I said to him there he is out there doing the electric slide.....end of the free money, i feel guilty to this day about doing it and he doesnt know i did....but in my eyes it was a matter of principle....thats what kinda guy i am
"the things you own will start to own you"
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 11:53am
Sanity, sometimes it's not to bad giving those innercity kids a free education, some do abuse the system though

Eric, I Agree. Somewhat, sometimes,and under certain circumstances. You are right. The one's that abuse the system make me angry. And the fact that there are not more guidelines and checks for those that do request assistance. We pay them. I would not mind helping someone that truly needs the help.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 11:38am
Well said Gary!
1988 BFN-sold

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 10:48am
I,m a republican by nature, I voted for W enthusiastically the first time, reluctantly the second time. My biggest complaint about Clinton used to be that he didn't DO anything. In hindsight that appears to have been a good thing. Clinton had a Republican legislature, thus the idea of checks and balances worked. W had a republican legislature and a MISSION: a personal grudge with Saddam and the idea that the transfer of wealth to the top 1% is a good idea. (read about where most of his personal wealth comes from- Texas taxpayers).   

That was a disaster for this country. The last thing I want to see right now is a repeat of the same mistake. With a firmly Democratic legislature (maybe even a super majority in the Senate) We don't need another president with a MISSION.

Vote Republican, promote Gridlock, its better for the country.

Gary
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 10:30am
Riley, McCain is rolling through Ohio, hopefully his running mate will stop by, these photoshop pictures keep popping up everywhere and thats all i can think about lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2008 at 10:25am
Dont worry Joe we will be talking about the three "B" s on the 5th again.
in other countries we would be hunted down and hung for expressing our views and opinions, thats if we had access to the internet...
Sanity, sometimes its not to bad giving those innercity kids a free education, some do abuse the system though
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:47pm
2 Points for Marine Tech...but watch out for him on halloween!   LOL

1988 BFN-sold

MarineTech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:21pm
Wow, once again I left for the day and this topic filled up. I guess tomorrow I'll have to skip going to the political forums and discussing the merits of Correct Craft over other brands. It's all good clean fun and it kept us out of trouble for a couple of days. Thanks for the entertainment. Nobody should be harboring bad feelings. As was mentioned we all agree on our favorite brand of boats (even though I own several others, Correct Craft is still on top!)
Projects

Luchog wrote:   "Anyway, you're full of s79t"

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:17pm
I thought this was "fun" and an interesting discussion to follow. I earned a star and got to watch Nixon wake surf - all in one day.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:10pm
CQ you get the comic relief award! I'm not sure about Pedro, but Nixon was a boat lover! I saw 1 of his aides on the history channel say that the only time he ever asked for a bottle was the night before he resigned...on the presidential yacht.
1988 BFN-sold

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:00pm
If Nixon was on the Ballot he would have my vote, check him out shreddin' it up!

Nixon Surfin Lake Norman
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 6:29pm
Don't even get me started on religion...
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 6:16pm
Just a discussion among friends. Nothing like those political or religious threads used to be over at MBO or TMC. Remember those Joel?

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 6:10pm
Aside from the tragic gun accident with that child, not the mention just the incident, it's all been in good fun, and perhaps we found something that Joel is as passionate about as his beloved CC, GT-40 and his Buoys!

I don't care what that NY-Joe guy says, I am still voting for Pedro!!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 5:46pm
Ah, Joe, if only I had your wisdom and restraint I wouldn't have so recklessly contributed to this post. Another lesson learned I suppose. I suppose everyone that sat out on this thread, and still read it (all 700+ views) is far wiser than I. Good for you guys for not contributing.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Dedicated CorrectCraftfans,
Didnt anyone ever tell you not to wrestle with a pig, something about you both get dirty and he enjoys it. One way or another in 6 days the arguement will be over and four years from now both sides are going to be sure they were vindicated that either thier guy won and did a great job, or that the clown who beat thier guy screwed things up but good. Two things are for sure though no matter who wins, abortion will still be legal to some extent. and I will still have my guns to some extent. To change either would put a vocal and well funded minority into a rage and result in a turnover of those in power. I tend to ignore any candidates who want me to focus on either of these issues.

As for trying to change peoples political minds on a boat forum, I continue to think its not a great place to do so, not that it isnt a good goal but why not spend the effort on people who haven't already made up thier minds or visit a political forum.

Try not to take it personal or feel singled out it just ruins your enjoyment of a perfectly good boat forum, besides arguing with facts against beliefs is about as constructive as pointing out to 79Nautique a spelling error.

Wow, when I joined this site, a thick skin was a prerequisite?!!?

I'd say that we are behaving well with regards to Keith's site, but maybe we could set up a corner for some to cry in!
1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 4:45pm
Dedicated CorrectCraftfans,
Didnt anyone ever tell you not to wrestle with a pig, something about you both get dirty and he enjoys it. One way or another in 6 days the arguement will be over and four years from now both sides are going to be sure they were vindicated that either thier guy won and did a great job, or that the clown who beat thier guy screwed things up but good. Two things are for sure though no matter who wins, abortion will still be legal to some extent. and I will still have my guns to some extent. To change either would put a vocal and well funded minority into a rage and result in a turnover of those in power. I tend to ignore any candidates who want me to focus on either of these issues.

As for trying to change peoples political minds on a boat forum, I continue to think its not a great place to do so, not that it isnt a good goal but why not spend the effort on people who haven't already made up thier minds or visit a political forum.

Try not to take it personal or feel singled out it just ruins your enjoyment of a perfectly good boat forum, besides arguing with facts against beliefs is about as constructive as pointing out to 79Nautique a spelling error.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:37pm
Eric,
Every kid to college? Let's see; I have 2 children, middle class and they have a few years before they apply. If we were minorities we would have more options regarding free education. If I would have chosen to live off of welfare and food stamps instead of working full time to provide for myself and my children, should I be comfortable in knowing that YOU would share YOUR money with me. I work hard for the money I earn and I already share it with enough people. I will pay for my children's education. You pay for your child's. If you "want" to throw a few bucks my way...

BTW - The name is Sarah Hillary (confuse the enemy)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:18pm
I bet homeless amputee Barbie Doll sites are talking election! LOL

Whichever side anyone is on, I do appreciate those who have the 'sand' to express their opinion. Political correctness will be the end of us all?!!?   
1988 BFN-sold

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Alan, the gun was an automaic Uzi. Not what is commonly refered to as an assault weapon, (although it truely is). They are highly regulated, unlike most guns. To posess one you have to have a federal license and it is registered with the feds, (unlike most guns). It's a machine gun. If you don't have the proper documents, you will go to jail.

Very few people have these. I belong to 2 gun clubs and don't know anyone that has one. The kid's father was a moron for letting his kid shoot it, and the owner of the gun was worse because to qualify to own such a gun, you got to know your stuff. They don't give fed licenses to just anybody. You need to have your police chief or county sherrif sign off on the form. Call yours and ask if he'll do it for you and see what he says.

Bruce, Just to clarify my stance, I have no problem with the right to carry a firearm, my issue is with assult weapons and I although I used the Uzi incident as an example I feel it applies to "assault" rifles as well. I just don't see where those weapons are neccesary to have around.

As to Morfoots comment, I fail to see the comparison between the hobbies of boating and firearms. I understand your point but we're talking about two very different things.

I hesitated opening my mouth on this thread so I'm going to stop. We're all entitled to our opinions and the freedom to express them.... especially if you have an Uzi in your back pocket! Please laugh at the last part, it was a joke. I'm gonna go back to talking about boats.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Eric, well put. OK, ONE final comment. There are 690 views on this post and only about 80 replies. Pretty sad to say the least. If you're just sitting on the sidelines, why not pipe up and show your support for your candidate? If this thread moved even one person to vote for your candidate, or motivated one person who was not going to vote to vote, then why not chip in? This is the most important race in American history. Regardless of who you are, you should do everything in your power to make sure everyone who can does vote.

This is the most important race in American history.

Why do people keep saying that? Carter/Regan was far more important. Well I guess it's important because we are on the verge of electing Obama which is going to come with many surprises for many of his supporters.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:07pm
Eric, well put. OK, ONE final comment. There are 690 views on this post and only about 80 replies. Pretty sad to say the least. If you're just sitting on the sidelines, why not pipe up and show your support for your candidate? If this thread moved even one person to vote for your candidate, or motivated one person who was not going to vote to vote, then why not chip in? This is the most important race in American history. Regardless of who you are, you should do everything in your power to make sure everyone who can does vote.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:03pm
Come Eric, McCain really needs your Ohio vote.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:01pm
Guns and Abortion will always be a part of life, legally or illegally....we shouldnt even be discussing it, we should be discussing the 700 billion dollar deception or spread the wealth under the current administration....Id rather be taxed to death than be decieved as we are and no one talks about it. 300 billion more dollars added to that 700 billion and we could send every kid in school right now on a full ride to college, one trillion dollars would pay off every US citizens credit card bills. People do not realize what that kinda money is. By the end of the war in Iraq the costs are projected to be 3 trillion, remeber 1 trillion is 67.9 miles of thousand dollar bills stacked face to face.
I just state these facts to put them in perspective..... I know someone is going to go on the attack of the current administration thing with the bailout and finger point. it happened and it happened under Bush's watch

Sanity, BTW is your name Sarah?
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:01pm
Is this off topic or did I post in the wrong place?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 1:00pm
Dare I say it?!!? Another bed wetting liberal?!!!!?   LMAO Just playing...we're all buds here.   

Those of us who are successful enough to own one of these fine watercraft... damn, I started again!   ROFL

+1 for Sanity's star!
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic