NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Correct Craft" Shifter Knobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 13>
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 10:10am
Bret,
I will call you before shipping, I looked at photos of your boat and want to be sure on the color of Blue you want. To me it would appear the darker (Pacific) Blue would look best. (Page one of this post, the first one in the second row) I recall that being the one we spoke of.
bj
hasbeenskier
bretlevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretlevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 3:30am
BJ, sent you a money order today for both items, you should have it by Thursday. I will be out of town Fri-Mon (Memorial Day, lol), but look forward to getting the goods next week or so.

Thanks,
Bret
'81 SN 20th Anniversary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 10:25pm
Seb,
It is set aside and ready when you are. Looking forward to hearing from you. I was just looking closer at photos of you boat and am thinking you might consider a Yellow medallion instead of Gold. It would really "pop" with the yellow in your trim color and upholstery. Look at the photos on page one of this post.
Safe travels.
bj
hasbeenskier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 9:07pm
BJ spare me a golden knob...I´ll let you know when I´m ready to order..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
bretlevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretlevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 2:28pm

Oh yeah, I am on the waiting list at nautiqueskins to get a whole new interior (skins). I'm going with white with a three-color blue accent stripe. They are making me a rear seat too, which I don't currently have. I should be getting than in the next several weeks, I hope.
'81 SN 20th Anniversary
bretlevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretlevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 2:24pm

I have a place you can look at pics, but I haven't added a lot of the recent work, which wouldn't show in pics anyway. I've redone all wiring, so now all the nav lights, horn (lights and horn are new too) and instruments work (tach is flakey though). I scrubbed the hull and it is white now, including on the bottom of the boat. All screws, nuts, etc for anything I have touched are stainless now. The fuel filler cap/assembly was replaced (what a pain). All teak was sanded, cleaned, bleached and restored with teak oil. Tons of engine, trans (neutral saftey switch), electrical and "floor" work. In the front of the boat, I did not rip up the fiberglass to fix the floor there. That will have to happen in the future if/when the stringers need replacing, but they don't now, so my over-the-fiberglass repair will have to be good enough for a few years. The paint on the exterior is not good, and the stickers are horrid. I already have new reg letters and the correct craft+globe stickers. I want to get the 88-style side/back lettering again, since that's what I'm used to now, but I may opt for just an all white "solid" set from one of the CCFan posts too. I also plan to get all new dash/warning stickers too from one of the other posts. The pin-striping is an easy replacement. But I don't want to do the exterior until I have an estimate on doing a restoration/repair of all the nicks and scrapes in the gelcoat. I bought a repair kit, but I don't think I have the skills to do it right. I may try in a hidden location to see.

You can see the pics at:

http://www.levycodev.com/boat/

There are several buttons on the left to see exterior, interior, repairs, engine, etc. Then there are prev/next buttons up top to step through the pics in each group.

It was a lot of work, but fun and rewarding. I get a lot of thumbs-ups when I go cruising or pulling the kids on water skis (yes, water skis, not wake boards, tubes or other new-wave water sports (okay, we do tube some too)).

'81 SN 20th Anniversary
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 1:49pm
Bretlevy, would love to see some pics of your boat and the work you have done. Probably better to start another thread.
bretlevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretlevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 1:10pm

BJ, awesome. Can you send me the height x width of the emblem to make sure (looks like it has a couple of posts that push through the dash). I went and looked at my throttle lever, and I'm not convinced the ball that's on it (ugly black plastic ball) actually comes off. Maybe my lever was changed at some point in the last 30 years! I've bought the boat and spent several months rebuilding it. I need to get that ball off to make sure I don't have some cheapo replacement part from the previous owner (I'm the second owner). I can send you a picture with a ruler next to the dash "shadow" of the missing nameplate too if that helps. Hold a light blue knob for me if you can until I verify I can use it. I definitely want the nameplate if it matches what's missing (or is very close). Thanks, Bret.
'81 SN 20th Anniversary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 7:08am
Steve, I do have a few shifter knobs with an Orange medallion.

Bret, I do have one or two "ski Nautique" dash emblems and both blue shifter knobs.

Seb. I got your e-mail address.. I will send an e-mail and we can set it up for you to get a shifter knob while in the U.S.
hasbeenskier
bretlevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretlevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 4:20am
BJ - I saw something about a dash emblem in this post. I am missing the silver "Ski Nautique" script emblem off my dash (81 Ski Nautique) and would love to get that replaced. I also love your shifter knobs. Do you still have light and/or dark blue? Thanks, Bret (bret@levycodev.com or 404-862-7887).
'81 SN 20th Anniversary
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 1:33am
B.J.
Do you have orange?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 8:07pm
e mail sent...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 11:35am
Kapla, sent you email
hasbeenskier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 1:55am
bj I'd like to order one for my sn....only thing is how to arrange payment?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 12:06am
Dave,
your red shifter knob is going out tomorrow... stay in touch
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:06pm
Bill,
I am having problems sending e-mails so I hope you see this.
Please forward a U.S. Postal money order for $55.00 to me with your name, mailing address, the color you desire and a good contact phone number to me at:
B.J. Bowling
1163 54th Avenue South
Saint Petersburg, FL. 33705

I will send the shifter knob back to you Priority mail.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at 727-612-4772
hasbeenskier
jr49erfan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr49erfan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2010 at 2:55am
BJ,

I received my parcel a few days ago, and just havnt made it by here to post since. Fit like a charm and looks great on my 05 SANTE 210. Ill try and get a pic of it mounted on Wednesday. Thanks a bunch,
Jason
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 11:27am
Jason,
I sent your Gold Shifter Knob 5/4/10.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 10:58pm
Chris,
I am pleased your shifter knob made the grade. The Tique is sharp. I was fortunate enough to get a buddy to put a red one on his brand new 2010 TEAM 200.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 10:54pm
Madd Marxx, I am glad you like your green shifter knob. I had you in mind when I ordered the greens. Now if we can get the Godfather on board maybe I'll be able to sleep at night.
hasbeenskier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 5:55pm
BJ.....I tried the other knob on the Ski Tique and it lined up perfectly!! I'll snap a pic once we get her out in the sunlight!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 4:13pm
I went Green, and love it!
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2010 at 4:44pm
These look VERY nice.

Another solution to getting them indexed and not seeing any jam nut would be to put a washer on the top of the shaft, then screwing the knob down. it might take a couple washers, or attempts, but that would do it.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2010 at 9:53am
Jason,
To my knowledge the thread for throttle arms has never changed 3/8 X 24.
I do have gold in stock. Let me know if you decide to install one.
727-612-4772.
bj
hasbeenskier
jr49erfan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr49erfan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2010 at 2:35am
Will these knobs fit on my 2005 Super Air without modification? If so you wouldnt happen to have a gold one on hand? Thanks for your time, Jason.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2010 at 10:32am
Don,
First, I have since changed suppliers on the wood knobs, However the one I sent you was represented as mahogony. The finish has changed the natural color of the wood. I sanded one down once and the wood looked like walnut to me. Walnut is slightly darker. The knobs I am using now are in a clear finish. Hope this helps.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2010 at 10:31am
Don,
First, I have since changed suppliers on the wood knobs, However the one I sent you was represented as mahogony. The finish has changed the natural color of the wood. I sanded one down once and the wood looked like walnut to me. Walnut is slightly darker. The knobs I using now are in a clear finish. Hope this helps.
bj
hasbeenskier
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 11:33pm
BJ,

I was curious what kind of wood you used for these, I'm thinking a matching wood steering wheel would make the boat look real good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2010 at 10:14am
Barrett,
Good chatting with you. Good to here your dash emblem arrived. Let me know when you want a shifter knob.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 9:53pm
Barrett... The Ski Nautique emblem was mailed PRIORITY MAIL 4/14/10
You should have had it already. call me 727-612-4772
BJ
hasbeenskier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic