Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Mount Nuts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Mount Nuts
    Posted: April-05-2008 at 1:27am
I wish it was that close, the 1 1/8 was closer to giving a shot, but I knew it just wasnt right. Is there metric bolts on our boats, lucky for me this is my first nautique, The seller said it runs great, with snow still on the ground, I cant help but to be in the garage looking for stuff to do. I saw the alighnment post and now i've started.
gb842001
SUNAPEE CROW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUNAPEE CROW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 12:00am
Are you sure there isn't a scar on the nut that prevents the 1-1/16'" from fitting properly. I know that I have jacked my motor around using SAE wrenches.
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 11:47pm
Yeah, thanks 79nautique, I guess I just didn't think it would be all that tough to find a wrench. I can't fit an adjustable in there, so it has to be a open end wrench. I dont have mics or calibers, so I will just keep looking for someone with a good tool box. Thanks
p.s. your boat is super sweet!
gb842001
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 1:52pm
guess I would have bought to big adjustable wrenches instead or used a set of calibers or mic's to know exactly what size the nut is.
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 1:06pm
I know this question seems silly, but I tried 1 1/8 and it was sloopy, 1 1/16 didn't fit. Then I went and spent 65.00 bucks on a metric set and it came with 22,23,24,25,30, the 25 is still to small and the 30 is to big. Sears wants 37.00 a wrench, so I was hoping to buy the right one this time. Do I need two, one for the top nut and one for the bottom nut. I could use one socket and one wrench, obviously, but still not sure if I need 26, 27, or a 28mm. Thanks for any help.   It is the nuts that adjust the up and down ot the motor.
gb842001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic