NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

71 Skier Switches

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Skier Switches
    Posted: April-13-2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

I think my dash-running light switch is a 2 stage switch

Pat, The 2 position nav. switch is intended to be wired so it follows the USCG rules. The one position is "while underway" and lights both the bow and stern lights. The other is "at anchor" and turns on the stern or all around light. In my youth, we did a lot of night running. We would wire it up opposite so we could turn on the bow light only. Without the bright white stern light on, your eyes would adjust to the dark and you could actually see better.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 4:26pm
I think my dash-running light switch is a 2 stage switch
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 4:20pm
Very important for your dash lites to come on when your running lites are on...especially if you are skiing after dark.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 2:25pm
Yep, dash lights come on when running lights are turned on.
-Adam

1973 Skier
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 1:45pm
Thanks for the pics Adam. Mine must be a misc. like yours. It is not wired to anything. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing hooking up something. I will try to figure out if there are dash lights up under there. Does yours have dash lights that come on with the running lights?
Greg

86 BFN
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 3:54am
Greg, I think my name plates are original ones, but I'm the last one to ask any questions to, thought this might help

Dash lights come on with running lights, misc is not wired to anything, I always thought it was for if you wanted to add something
like a radio, cigarette lighter or such
-Adam

1973 Skier
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 12:54am
Thanks Tim & Tim. I talked to Reid today & we came up with the dash lights as well. Mine would be just like yours. The one not hooked to anything is the 2nd one from the left. I guess I need to track down the wires for the dash lights now.
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 8:02pm
Greg, I believe youre missing the dash lighting switch. From left to right, my Skier switches are nav lights, dash lights, blower, bilge pump.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 2:26am
Some older pumps have a separate switch for auto.
Tim D
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 1:51am
I have a pull switch & fuse holder that were loose & not in the dash when I got my skier. The holes are in the dash for them. I am hooking up all of the electrics & can't think of what I am missing a switch for. I have the blower, bilge, & running lights hooked up. What else did these boats have on a switch?
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic