Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frozen Engine Mount

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frozen Engine Mount
    Posted: April-13-2008 at 12:32am

Joel,sometimes when I get really jammed up on something I'll leave it and go to something else for awhile.Many times when I go back to it later everything sems to fall into place.
                    Farmer                     
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 7:18pm
Joel, It will line up but you just need to be patient and work at it. Yes, sometimes nothing seems to go like it should on a project! At least you got the mount unstuck. In the end, you can look back at this project and remember all the trouble you went through just because you didn't want a dripping shaft. Hopefully you can laugh at it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 6:33pm
Well, I took it out and got it freed up. Now, the new problem is that everything is out of whack. My couplings will not even go together now- the inner lip of the shaft side of the coupling will not nest into the recess on the trans side, and I don't know why. The alignment is so out of whack now that I don't even know where to begin. It's almost time to trailer to the dealer. This project is a nightmare.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 4:09pm
If it's not 1 thing, it's 17 others?!!?

It sounds like the steel core of the bottom isolator is rusted to the trundle. That bottom rubber piece mushrooms out and hardens...that may be why it won't turn. You could try loosening that bottom nut(once you have it off) and PB blaster. If that doesn't get it, the rest is a PITA. The c-clip is a bear and the bottom rubber piece has to be cut out.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 3:47pm
This strut bushing/shaft seal install has been fighting me every step of the way. Now I've got everything together and I'm trying to align the engine. OF COURSE, one of the rear mounts is frozen for vertical adjustments. It's one of those PCM adjust-a-flex or whatever rear mounts that they've been using since the late eighties. The lock nuts busted loose without incident and the starboard mount stud turns very easily. The port side will only turn about 1/8 turn, and it looks like the big washer on top of the rubber bushing (on the bottom half of the mount) is trying to turn with the stud, along with the rubber bushing on the bottom. I even put a 2' extension on an adjustable wrench and it's not going anywhere- something is going to break if I turn it any harder- the stud, the mount, or the wrench. Should I take the mount off the boat and try to free it up?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic