NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb problem?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb problem?
    Posted: April-23-2008 at 12:47pm
I just put new plugs, wires, cap, button, points on it last week and have not run it.....they should be fine right?

the old were a year old and looked really good....only one was pretty black it was the last one on the left side
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 11:21am
A good starting point is screw it all the way in, then back out 1 1/2 turns. Then adjust as needed.
Tim D
saffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 4:20am
Hi Guys
Could you please give me the correct settings for the air screw on a stock 351's holley carb (ie turns from "all the way in" etc)
thanks
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 9:46pm
When flooding, if you push the throttle wide open, it should start. After you get the carb fixed, install some new spark plugs.
Tim D
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 4:29pm
thanks
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 4:23pm
the rebuitl kit at skidim is 46 dollars i'm not from the states. i paid about 60$ for a mechanic to put in the part
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 4:17pm
ok, what's a ballpark price on a rebuild?
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 4:15pm
yes the carb leaking is the starting problem we had the same thing happen same symptoms ours the first time was a debry in the floot stayed open and flood the engine and this time it a worn out needle since the last mechanic didn't replace it.. i think you are better of doing a rebuilt to be shure it doesn't do it again for now..
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 2:55pm
86 SN 2001

when boat has been sitting for a few days it starts very fast almost before you turn the key all the way......but....

If I shut it off and try to re start, it will take about 5-8 seconds to re fire....I took the spark arrester off and looked down in the carb....after shutting motor off gas continues to slowly drip....is this the problem? is it flooding itself out? how can this be fixed? adjustment or rebuild? thanks for the help. -John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic