NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

supporting boat while replacing bunks

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: supporting boat while replacing bunks
    Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:19pm
couple of cherry pickers/engine hoist, tree's and a winch/come-a-long work well too. Use what you have we've given you the best options doesn't have to be exactly the same but you should get the idea.
nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:13pm
I could but that would require having something to lift it with or a garage to support it with which I dont
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:09pm
well or you could use the lifting rings to lift it off of the trailer. Isn't that what they where designed to do?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 4:37pm
If you just want to hover the boat over the trailer it can be done in a few minutes, jack up the tongue, support the front keel. Lower the tongue, two jacks at the transome and your done.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 3:21pm
I took my boat off the trailer by using some boat jacks and a come-a-long.

I parked the trailer with the front lifting ring under a sturdy tree limb. I lowered the front of the boat as low as it would go. I then put the two boat jacks under the rear of the boat. Then I raised the front of the boat back up, ran a chain over the limb and lifted the front of the boat up with the come-a-long. I was then able to pull the trailer out. I had to lift the front of the trailer way up when I was pulling it out to get it around the curve of the bottom/bunks.

Once it was out, I put blocks under the front of the boat and then lowered it down so it wasn't hanging long from the tree.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:34pm
I need to replace the carpet on my bunks and dont want to leave the boat in the water while I do this due to logistical reason. Can I somehow jack and support one side of the boat at a time and pull out the bunk. Anyone done this is it safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic