NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Algues on hull

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Algues on hull
    Posted: May-28-2008 at 11:35am
Yes Peter thats the chain I thought of.

I think you must have been to Glastonbury Festival.

Will do a new post of old Stringers.

Roger.

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6236306.stm - 52k - Cached

Well the link will not work, and too grim to post pictures.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 10:30am
parts come from Racine Wisconsin, Nivelles ships them there.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 6:54am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Nivelles is where they cut gears for Twin Disc (transmission manufacturer)

Yep, I looked it up on the net...
Do they ship regularly to you? Would be interesting to know if ever I have to ship my tranny to you... I could ship it together with parts from them to cut costs
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 6:49am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Kristof, You were correct that I would get them stirred up!! Look on the good side of the cleaner - you still have a dirty hull but, it's germ free!

LOL Pete!
Thanks for the kind words... I feel much better now, knowing I have a very hygienic boat now...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

I think you are pulling are chain
Have a good day guys.
Roger

Rodger, This chain?

Kristof, You were correct that I would get them stirred up!! Look on the good side of the cleaner - you still have a dirty hull but, it's germ free!

Rodger, Make sure you get some pictures posted. It's always interesting to see the condition of old stringers.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 7:59pm
Now Now Peter

I think you are pulling are chain
And "Domestos". Kills all known Germs they say
So according to peter we need it over here.

Off home now its 10pm and just pulled a main Stringer out.

Have a good day guys.
Roger
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Well,
The product I used didn't work out...

So Kristof, now we do know that the English don't know about cleaning toilets!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 5:54pm
Well,

The product I used didn't work out...
So now I'll purchase a heavy duty hull cleaner and clean that ugly brownish mung off...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 10:16am
Kris, 98% of transmissions are shipped in, plus its Memorial day weekend and alot of them were picked up last week and this week.
This is what I consider boaters kick-off, Tuesday the phone will ring all day, I feel so bad knowing people broke thier boats over the Holiday lol,
Nivelles is where they cut gears for Twin Disc (transmission manufacturer)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 9:30am
Kristof, What are algues? Algae? My boat is in the water all summer. I keep a sponge in it and wipe it down whenever its used. The algae that forms below the water line comes off easily if you catch it when it starts to grow. I like Simple Green for cleaning the mung off when on the trailer.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 9:23am
Thanks Pete. Googled a bit and found some hull cleaners that are available over here, Star Brite being one of them (in case the toilet bowl thing doesn't work ).

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

English tolet bowl cleaner? I didn't think they cleaned their toilets!!

ROFLOL Pete...
I think a reaction from our UK friends is in order...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 8:36am
Kristoff, Here are some of the hull cleaners available over here. Check them out and see if you can get any of them just incase the toilet bowl stuff doesn't work.

hull cleaners available from West marine

English toilet bowl cleaner? I didn't think they cleaned their toilets!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 8:02am
BTW Eric,
Just googled your company... Only 3 boats on the parking lot on the satellite images... Slow day? LOL

A friend gave me a tip yesterday. He told me to use a product called "Domestos". It's a english product from Unilever used for cleaning toilet bowls... Will try that on friday or saturday. I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 8:23pm
About an hour drive, Eric

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 11:27am
Kris, you close to Nivelles?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 11:16am
Tim,

I know some chemicals, but as you mentionned, they are agressive on the trailer and I want to avoid that...
On the other hand, I tried to get it off in the water, but unsuccessfully... Guys at the marina said, that if I want to keep it clean while in the water and just with a sponge, I should almost do it every other day.
I just wanted to know if there was like a grandma's recepy for cleaning it

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 9:48am
Kristof, I think you'll find it easiest to remove while its still in the water- all it should take is a sponge. Once you get it on land and it dries, you'll need a chemical. I use On/Off, but be careful- its very powerful stuff! Be careful with overspray and dont let it sit long on any painted surface (trailer, etc).
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 7:46am
As my boat remains in the marina, the hull beneath the waterline gets covered with a brownish stuff from algues...

Question: any of you guys know a good trick to remove them?
I plan to get the boat out of the water every weekend to clean off that ugly stuff from the hull. Just wanted to know which products are good for removing it...

Thanks,
Kristof

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic