Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strawberry Milk Trans Fluid

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
saskie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saskie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strawberry Milk Trans Fluid
    Posted: May-28-2008 at 5:56pm
I will get him to do that this weekend and if it still comes out milky he will have to check the cooler, thanks again for all you help!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 10:23am
it sounds like the water has been in this one for a while, fill and flush, fill to the top with clean to dilute, run at op temp and flush, at least 3 or 4 times, make sure you shift the trans often while doing this
"the things you own will start to own you"
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 10:29pm
Jeremy,

When I got my boat it had some water in the tranny as well, from the PO leaving it in the water and the bilge filling up. First time I took it out I had the strawberry milkshake too. I had to drain and fill it about 4-6 times before it was completely out. knock on wood- it is clean now and seems to run fine.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by saskie99 saskie99 wrote:

I will check with him tonight. Where is the oil cooler located? I looked them up on skidim, are they difficult to install?

Jeremy

Follow the oil lines off the trans and you'll see it. It's in line with the suction hose going to the RWP. Make sure you get the right size to fit the cooling hose as well as the oil lines. Not hard to install at all.
Now, you need to get the trans fluid changed out several times. It may take 3 or 4 times to get it out. Run it for a couple minutes between changes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
saskie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saskie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 8:29pm
I will check with him tonight. Where is the oil cooler located? I looked them up on skidim, are they difficult to install?

Jeremy
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 8:16pm
I don't agree with his "mechanic". If true, his mechanic should have flushed the trans several times and the problem shouldn't have come back.

Most likely it's a bad oil cooler. It should be removed and pressure tested.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
saskie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saskie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2008 at 2:44pm
Hey guys my brother in law has velvet drive tranny, we took her out for a ride this weekend and after we checked the tranny fluid, it looked like strawberry milk. He did have it changed out at the end of last year with the same issue. His Mechanic seemed to think that the previous owner had for got the plug and the water had gotten in the air breather for the tranny. Do you think that he just needs to keep flushing the tranny to get all the orginal water out? Where would the water be coming from? Should he be super worried? The Tranny seemed to run smooth and shifted smooth.
Thanks for you time!
jeremy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic