NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

84SN2001 Axle problems!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 84SN2001 Axle problems!!
    Posted: June-07-2008 at 11:36pm
Well after an hour or so we put the rim/hub back on and pulled it slowly out of the street. Then we had a flat bed come and we slowly pulled it onto the flatbed and we towed it.

I guess I will call some marinas tomorrow and see of they can help me on where to find this type of axle.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 6:44pm
I think you will find it to be a rather severe pain in the ass to find parts for that particular axle online, find a local trailer guy and take him your axle and have him repair or replace it. Usually someone at one of the area marinas will know who they take thier axles to. How did you get it home?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 12:20pm
Here's another place for trailer parts,they had some of the odd parts for my #2
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=170
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 2:17am
Wow, that sucks!!! Good thing you weren't hauling a$$ down the highway when the wheel fell off!!! Good luck with the repair.
-Adam

1973 Skier
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 2:03am
burban, my trailer did the exact same thing 2 years ago. my wife backed me down, i took off to meet her and kids a little farther down on the water. when she never showed up, i went back to the ramp and looked up and she was hollering and waving her arms yelling "the wheel fell off". so, i went to the local marine mechanic. i left the boat at a guy i know's house(actually, he's the one who told me about this site), and the mechainic came got the trailer, replaced both spindles for if i remember correctly $130.
bill
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 12:36am
cinder blocks under the leafs work!
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:43pm
ya i am going to try and find it local. I will prob have it cut out and take it around and try find a match.

How do you support the trailer and boat with no axle? is there a spot for jackstands?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:38pm
89 Sorry but I don't. Spindles can vari quite a lot depending on who the trailer manufacturer bought the axle from even on same load rated axles! If you are going to do it yourself, You will need to get the micrometer or calipers out and do some measuring. Take a look here:
spindles at etrailer.com

They have bearings too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:26pm
looks like northern tools sells them. Can you tell me which one i need?
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:16pm
So where can i get a spindle? Trailer place? I bet not a damn trailer place is open tomorrow lol.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:09pm
89. You won't need a new axle but you will need a new spindle. If welding is beyond your field, a trailer shop or even some auto mechanics can cut the old one out and weld in a new spindle. New bearings in the hub and you're ready for the trip to the lake again.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
burban89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 10:54pm
Ok so last night my girlfriend and I was working on the boat. Well I installed an air/fuel seperator, put new registration numbers on her, and repacked the rudder packing. When I un hooked the steering cable it was loose so like you all said I repacked the rudder.

I was on my way to take the boat out to try all this out today and I pull up to a redlight and this nice lady says that my trailer tire is wobbling like crazy. Mind you I never felt a shake or shimmy in the Suburban. So I turn into the gas station and BAM!! the wheel falls off. The bearings froze up and the rim hub and all come off. Well stupid me didnt check the greese because it had bearing buddies on there and the guy I got it from said he packed it all. Well it is so messed up that 1/4 of the threads on the axle are shot. I mean the axle is flat. I didnt drag it or anything. So I need a new axle or a new trailer. Any advice? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic