NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loose Steering

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loose Steering
    Posted: June-18-2008 at 12:20pm
not sure about your set-up but does the rack have fluid in it? if so maybe you need a little more of it in there?
kmayotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmayotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2008 at 12:55am
Hi Guys,

I have a 93 ski nautique. Last year I replaced the entire steering assembly from rudder arm forward. New Cable, new rack and pinion. Even a new steering wheel. Welp it proved to be much better than the old one (needed to be an olympic weight lifter to turn the wheel) Now, there is slight movement in the rudder without the steering wheel move. The movement is in the cable but not in the steering assembly. looking at where the cable connects to the rudder arm at the back of the boat, the cable moves when I wiggle the rudder back and forth an inch in either direction but the wheel does not move. Aso, I can turn the wheel a quarter rotation in either direction with no rudder movement. When you are going at a good clip the stern tends to dance back and forth with the rudder swaying freely

Any fixes? Where can I tighten up the tension on the cable?
Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic