Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

has anyone seen this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kevin719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: has anyone seen this?
    Posted: July-03-2008 at 6:20pm
I guess the correct terminology would be a recipricating saw! Sawzall is Milwauki brand and the most popular.What is really nice if you are looking to buy one is the rechargeables!Dewalt makes a good saw as well! I used a 12" demolition blade (wood/nail)to cut my floor out and it could not have been any easier! I highly recommend this method of removing the floor!
kevinindy
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 12:27pm
Here is a link to a website that has a good assortment of blades & their use. I just buy mine locally, but this does show what there is.
You can get a general purpose blade that works
for several materials.

Blades
Greg

86 BFN
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 12:06pm
Thanks skicat. How long are the blades on them puppies. Also what type of blade do you use to remove floor? Wood? metal? plastic?
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 11:48am
Greg

86 BFN
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 11:40am
I keep hearing about this sawzall. It must be another terminolgy difference between US & Aus. Pic please
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
kevin719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 9:36pm
I tore out my flooring today.Thanks for the sawzall tip it made life easy!! I have a 74 southwind and I believe that I am removing stock flooring! on the sides the floor is sectioned off into squares.These squares were filled with foam and had 2 4 inch or so strips of wood running down the middle.The floor sat on top of that.These square cavities are pristine!Minus the wood! There is only a veneer left stuck to the glass.This system just does not look very strong??Any suggestions for improvements?The cavities are also watertight my boat has been inside for several weeks and these boxes had quite a bit of water in the bottom.The foam was a little wet as well.Thanks for any help or suggestions,this is my first attempt at this and I like my boat too much to do a half a-- job!Yes I have drilled many holes in stringers and the wood is great.Top and bottom. Thanks again guys.Kevin
kevinindy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic