Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer guide repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rsjr70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsjr70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer guide repair
    Posted: August-16-2008 at 12:42am
Not sure if this help but I just got through overhauling a 91 correct craft trailer. When I got it the orignaly 1.25" pipe coupling were gone and of course the guide posts as well. I replaced with 1.5" pipe and used standard machined pipe coupling to weld to the trailer. I was not fired up about welding the cast couplings that I could find at local hardware stores. Got pipe and couplings from a local mechanical contractor. Finally covered with 2" sch 80 PVC (just liked the grey color of the schedule 80 over the white schedule 40) and the pads ordered from this website.
tapenick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 2:23pm
Update - the union was too big (diameter) for my setup... and the poles on my trailer were straight not tapered threads. (union was tapered)

So thinking some kind of 1.25" nut or straight threaded sleeve would have been best... but it was a Friday night and the local Fastenall is closed on Saturdays so we ended up welding the guide directly to the trailer. (adding spacers / supports)   I'll deal with the issue of replacing the running board with it attached later.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 10:55am
Tom-
I have been trying to repair my trailer guides for a while. I think the union would probably work. I need the actual poles to give it that clean, through the running board, look. With out those, I would be guessing at the angles of the bends. I had kind of given up because the guides are not really needed where I put the boat in, but they still look cool either way!
Good luck with the repair!

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
tapenick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 6:41pm
90 Sport - think it's a Correct Craft trailer.   

One of the trailer guides got bent over (trying to load in swift current) and it damaged the piece that's welded to the trailer for the guide post to thread into. The post appears to be 1.25" ... anyone know what that piece welded to the trailer is?   I looked through the galvanized parts at Lowes... a union looked like it might work.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic