Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Front pump seal PCM 1.23

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front pump seal PCM 1.23
    Posted: July-09-2008 at 1:06pm
Cool. Thanks again.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2008 at 11:16am
wait till its apart
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2008 at 11:48am
Thanks for your help Eric. Now that it's empty, can I just refill with Dextron? Or should I wait until everything is apart and cleaned. I'll probably be talking to you soon about a pump.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2008 at 10:33am
not normal, possibly there is excessive clearance (wear) in the pump from pulling air and the pump will create its own cavity pressure and push itself out. normally throwing a new seal in the trans wont cure the problem....its a good time to change over to Dexron Mercon if you tear it apart.
BTW, i have good used pumps if you need one unless you prefer to buy new, 350ish
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2008 at 1:34am
Alright I can say it... I blew a seal! Ha ha. I was out on the lake on Saturday and hit the bilge only to notice oil slicked water surrounding my boat. I looked under the motor box, checked the engine levels, then tranny. The level barely registered on the dipstick. Sent one of the boats that was with us to go grab some 20w. I filled it up and got home without a hitch and took the tranny out yesterday. The front pump seal FELL OUT. Is this a (Fairly) normal occurance for a boat from 92, or is there something else building too much pressure???? I got it all back together and ready to rock. I've got the GL reunion next week, but should I pull it apart afterwards?
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic