Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop Puller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop Puller
    Posted: July-14-2008 at 11:26pm
(prop is still on a 1976 boat

I hit a rock this weekend in my '76 Southwind and had to change the prop. I called around and found a 3 jaw puller from O'reilly's Auto parts. Auto Zone had two different types but they weren't big enough. The one that worked took a LOT of torque to get it to pop off. I though I was going to bust a gut in 100 degree heat in the parking lot of O'relly's but it finally busted loose. These tools are "loaner" tools here in my parts...
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 7:54pm
Dan, The basic dimensions are in this thread almost to the end of the first page.

prop puller

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 3:53pm
Hey Pete

I am interested in building one of these pullers. Would you send me the plans??

Dbagwell825@hotmail.com

Thank you!
Dan
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 10:09pm
Matt, Here's a homemade puller for $10 that I made up. There is also a thread on pullers that you may find interesting. The search feature here on the site is a fantastic tool to find tons of info. Good luck on your search.

Some people also use a 3 or 4 arm (for a 3 or 4 blade prop) gear puller.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pennnamebooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennnamebooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 3:14am
I tried to make a propeller puller when I found out that new ones are hundreds of dollars. It didn't work too well (prop is still on a 1976 boat). Any suggestions for propeller pullers (a pro pull sold for $99.00 on ebay). What do you use to pull your propellers off?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic