NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CC Trailer - wheel bearing size?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC Trailer - wheel bearing size?
    Posted: July-15-2008 at 11:04pm
Just take the bearings & seals to your local bearing dealer - they can match it with the numbers that are stamped on it. Don't forget to change the races, they wear into the bearings.

PS - Champion trailer supply has the best price I've seen on them but I bet they are from China or Taiwan.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 4:45pm
Will do Adam. Love the diary and pics of your Sport! I need to work on getting one put together for ours.

I should have the bearings in by the weekend once I locate the correct stuff.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 4:06pm
Dave-
Thanks for the info. Please do post the specs. I will also be doing this soon on my '89.

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 11:32am
Well, I pulled a spindle off last night and removed the bearings, races, and seal. I will get replacements and will post the sizes on here for future reference. The old grease on the bearings and inside the spindle was 20 year old stuff that was beyond nasty. The trailer was hardly ever used by the previous owner so the bearings were not bad although the seal was starting to go. I will feel better about trailering far from home with new bearings, seals, and a Buddy Bearing kit.
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 2:42pm
Does anybody know what size wheel bearings my '89 Correct Craft single axle trailer calls for? It hauls my Sport Nautique. It's time for new ones plus some new bearing buddys. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic