NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steering cable...and prop question?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steering cable...and prop question?
    Posted: July-15-2008 at 9:19am
Along with what Pete said, you might check the bolts and fittings behind your morse control. A loose bolt or a worn connector fitting can feel like a sticky cable...ask me how I know?!!?   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 7:56am
bd, I suggest new cables (both throttle and trans) from the helm and repacking the shaft. Try the Gortex packing. It's been around for a few years and has proven itself to be a "near dripless" packing. Packing can last for years but it is water lubricated and must drip inside the hull. I've had packing last over 20 years.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bdanley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 4:04am
have a 78 ski nautique, the throttle cable is sticking in certain positions is there anyway to oil the assembly, or anyway to troubleshoot to find out were it is hanging up at?.....Also my drive shaft were it goes through the boat is a makin a sqealing noise sometimes..... im wondering what the life on the packing is or if any regular maint. should be done on the whole thing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic