NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Pylon Attachment

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Pylon Attachment
    Posted: July-23-2008 at 2:33am
Correct me if I am wrong, but a 2000 SAN is a V drive. As such, the mid mounted pylon is completely different than the 88 direct drive as pictured.

Look at the original 2000 brochure for a SAN, and see if your pylon is raised higher than what it looks like it should be set at.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/2000_brochure/index.asp?page=26

I don't know why the PO would raise that pylon. It is a SAN, so if you want the pulling point higher, use the tower;)

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 10:17am
Those are U bolts in the center of mine. They clamp on to the pylon when tight, and the pylon can be adjusted up and down when they are loose. The 'receiver' in the bottom of the boat is set up for a straight bolt to go through the pylon base.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
JeffR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 9:53am
Thanks guys, that helps. Mine looks similar, but my pylon starts where your upper bolts/clamps are. The hull-end has another, less substantial mounting plate, with two holes already available for another clamp.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 9:09am
This is from an '88...maybe way different than your's, but probably the same idea.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 8:56am
Jeff, I did a search trying to find a picture that would show the pylon mounting but after 8 pages gave up!! Without a picture showing yours it's hard to say but, it sure sounds like the PO for whatever reason pulled the pylon vertically out of it's lower mount to get more height. The pylon shouldn't deflect to the rear like you described.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JeffR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 11:35pm
I bought a used SAN 2000 with ski pole attached amidship. The first time we used it, it seemed to stretch rearward quite a bit. So I opened the ski locker and looked at the attachment. About 5 inches up from the inside hull is a heavy metal piece with two U-clamps bolting the ski pylon to it. The ski pylon does not extend all the way down to the hull. However, 5 inches below this point, is another, smaller piece of metal with two holes through it, which looks like it should likewise have a U-clamp holding onto the ski pylon had it extended that far. It seems to me the whole thing would be more stable if I loosen the upper clamps, lower the ski pylon, add another clamp at the bottam, then tighten everything. Does anyone know about this? Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic