NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing floor in ’89 SNOB

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing floor in ’89 SNOB
    Posted: July-31-2008 at 5:16pm
OK, noted. They are both open bow, which was the main point of the thread. Anyone ever done a floor/stringer job in a open bow ski boat? Do the stringers run any different than a closed bow?
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by azeus17 azeus17 wrote:

???? Not trying to be a smart ass, I really don't know, what is the difference between a SNOB and a Sport? Hull?

Hull is different, and so it just about everything else. Theyre about as different as 2 CC's of a similar year and size can be.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by azeus17 azeus17 wrote:

What is CPES? I assume it is some kind of resin?

Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer

Hopefully there isn't any wood up front in a SNOB!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

FYI "SNOB" is commonly referred to for a SKI Nautique Open Bow. Sport is only one extra letter anyways...

???? Not trying to be a smart ass, I really don't know, what is the difference between a SNOB and a Sport? Hull?

Yeah, I have done some hunting for pics on the internet for all makes of open bows. There just does not seem to be many out there, or I am not looking in the right places.

I agree that it sounds like a chore. I just don't see any other way to get under the front, molded in floor, without sepperating the two pieces. What is CPES? I assume it is some kind of resin? Even if i did that, how would I get in front of the walk through?

Maybe I should just trade up 4 years or so! That is when they stopped using wood, right?
Boats:
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 6:13pm
I would think that the top/deck would have to be removed as the open bow section is part of that piece of fiberglass, sounds like a real chore. i would use some CPES on the stringers now while they are dry and in good shape then you really won't have to worry much about then for a long long time.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 6:03pm
FYI "SNOB" is commonly referred to for a SKI Nautique Open Bow. Sport is only one extra letter anyways...

You will have extra challenges with the walk through and open bow, I think I've seen some early open bow Malibus refloored but would have to really search for those pictures.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 5:45pm
I am not thinking about doing this now, but I have been looking for information on doing it for a while. I can not find any threads on CCF or anywhere else on the internet on how to do it. Do you have to sepperate the deck from the hull? If so, how big of a deal is that, how do you do it? Seems either way, it would be twice as bad as a floor/stringer job in a closed bow.

My floor does not need it now (no soft spots), but I assume some day it will. I was just wondering if I should start looking for something '93 or newer now while prices are lower and my 89 is still in good shape to sell.

Any info would be appreciated. Also, if there are threads out there on this topic, please do link for me.

Adam
Boats:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic