Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

91 transom tow ring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 91 transom tow ring
    Posted: August-16-2008 at 5:30pm
Awesome to hear... Have fun!
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
rsjr70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsjr70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 2:45pm
Ripster,

Thanks for the tip on the seat. Sometimes the simpliest answer is not obvious. 10 minutes and a $0.27 lock nut and the kids are back in business.
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 1:12pm
I had to look at the brochure to see if it was the same in 92...Looks like it. It should be one piece - top and bottom. If you lift up your seat pad (Bottom)there should be handles on the sides. Just lift here and slide the whole bench straight up and out. It shouldn't be secured by anything. It just kind of stays in place with gravity. Hope that helps.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
rsjr70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsjr70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 9:10am
Ripster thanks for the info. Can you give me advice on removing the back seat. After looking it seems the bottom and back are separate. Does the back just snap into place?
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 2:03pm
Yep. You'll have to lift the rear seat out to access the nut on the bottom side. You should be able to access this without removing the gas tank.   
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
rsjr70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsjr70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:54am
I have a 91 sport nautique and was hoping to get some advice on the transom tow ring. The ring has become loose and when I tighten the allen head it spins freely. Is there a nut on the underside or does it screw into the transom somehow? Also how do I acess an attempt to tighten? Do I need to remove the rear seat?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic