Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Filler neck gorunded?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filler neck gorunded?
    Posted: August-28-2008 at 11:09pm
Yea, when i install the tank tomorrow, ill run a wire over to the ground of the tank. I have to redrill my filler neck holes anyway, so one will have a nut on the end where i can put it!
74SkiNautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 4:47pm
good insurance if you dont!!
"the things you own will start to own you"
MdFooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MdFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 1:47am
It wouldn't happen out on the lake, it would happen when you refuel. Same reason why aircraft are grounded three ways during refueling operations.

BL: cheap insurance to run a new wire.
KP
1st85 Nautique
2nd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2008 at 2:48pm
Thats what my dad said. So we will run a new wire to the ground for the tank, this way, we cant die out on the lake!
74SkiNautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2008 at 11:23am
its there for a reason, i would probably say for static spark when filling the boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2008 at 3:28am
Yes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2008 at 11:54pm
I took my tank out to replace all of my exhaust hoses. I found a small yellow wire stuck in the filler neck hose. Does my filler neck need to be grounded to the tank?
74SkiNautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic