NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polishing running gear?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polishing running gear?
    Posted: August-27-2008 at 10:06am
he's refering to candle waxing
"the things you own will start to own you"
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:15am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

10 minutes and your done

What more needs to be said?

Sorry Chris. I think we have different ideas of "polished"

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

10 minutes and your done

What more needs to be said?
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 8:07pm
I thought about it once and concluded that it was a waste of time since you have to get on your hands and knees to look under there.

Tim

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:06pm
yes you did! I reported back in the thread which I started... I'll dig it back up and give it a bump.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 10:23am
Randy, never got a report back
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 3:23am
I used some 3M Super Duty compound on an old wool pad with the high speed buffer. It looks a whole lot better than it did when I got it and it is still looking pretty good after all summer in and out of the water.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 8:23pm
wire wheel on a die grinder, 10 minutes and your done
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by k.o. k.o. wrote:

you can polish it but i'll give it a week and it will be the same as before you polished it

Took about 4 days for my new stuff to look not new, maybe theres a wax or something that would give you a bit more time but unless someone knows of it here I would agree that polishing is not worth the effort...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 7:12pm
you can polish it but i'll give it a week and it will be the same as before you polished it
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 3:58pm
Blue Magic is a good brand, wally world carried it at one time. But I don't waste my time to polish that stuff.
Tim D
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 3:26pm
Since I know you guys would know...what is the best way to polish the rudder, strut and prop to bring back the "like new" shine to those parts? Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic