Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop questions?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prop questions?
    Posted: September-09-2008 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by bdanley bdanley wrote:

ya i talked to the acme, they told me to go with the 540 but at $439.00 bucks it better be worth it. is acme the only company out there to go with?

There are better deals to be had out there from other dealers on the same prop.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Originally posted by 79barefoot 79barefoot wrote:

Yes, and we mostly wakeboard, add about 900lbs ballast and it still pulls up nice and tops out probably around 55-57mph.

get a GPS and come back to reality please, the speedo's like are real accurate until they hit 40.

Chris (79barefoot), What are you doing this coming weekend? You should make it out to our northeast reunion and run your boat against the big boys. They all have GPS's that I'm sure you could borrow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:31am
Originally posted by 79barefoot 79barefoot wrote:

Yes, and we mostly wakeboard, add about 900lbs ballast and it still pulls up nice and tops out probably around 55-57mph, I am quite happy with the way it runs but wanted to see if any one had any other prop experience and how they worked out.

get a GPS and come back to reality please, the speedo's like are real accurate until they hit 40.
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:27am
Sorry no Big Block prop experience here. I am kinda jealous of all that pull though.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
79barefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79barefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 11:44pm
Yes, and we mostly wakeboard, add about 900lbs ballast and it still pulls up nice and tops out probably around 55-57mph, I am quite happy with the way it runs but wanted to see if any one had any other prop experience and how they worked out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 11:17pm
Is that a 454 boat?
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
79barefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79barefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 10:49pm
I have a 79 Barefoot w/ a 14x14 three blade, the one on it now is stainless, it came with a bronze one that needs repair, it too is 14x14 not sure what brand or model but I have been thinking about trying something different. Either a 4 blade or one of these new 3 blade ones, what are other people running? any sugestions.

Chris
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 4:20pm
Got a 540 on my '80 with minor mods (GT40P heads & Performer intake) and it is awesome. Think you'll like it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by bdanley bdanley wrote:

ya i talked to the acme, they told me to go with the 540 but at $439.00 bucks it better be worth it. is acme the only company out there to go with?

Don't buy direct from Acme, buy from Delta through this site. enter promo code DP5CCF08 I think that gets you 5% discount.   Delta price is $412 less %5 and free ground shipping.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bdanley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 3:39pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Bradley950 Bradley950 wrote:

I forgot to tell you to make sure you have a Right Hand rotating engine. They make the #540 for right and left hand. Call Ski DIM they will help you out.

bd, the 540 will be a RH. The 541 is a LH.

go to Delta prop they are one of the site sponsors. Eric (FFM) at one time was talking about decent prices on Acme props too!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 10:47am
I forgot to tell you to make sure you have a Right Hand rotating engine. They make the #540 for right and left hand. Call Ski DIM they will help you out.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2008 at 10:40am
I Went with am ACME #540 this is a 13x12x1" your boat had a federal 13x13x1" if it was the original. The Acme #540 is the same diameter with just a little less pitch. This will give you a better hole shot. These new three blade props have come a long way and will pull like a four blade out of the hole and run like a three blade on top end. I tried a used four blade a friend had and loved the pull but it would not run out as good for barefooting. The #540 will impress you. Here is the link check it out.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=540
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
bdanley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 9:44pm
my prop is a braL 13x13 1" im having trouble finding anything on it to even buy a new one i have found 13x13 1"1/8 as a standard size would that even work
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 11:09am
wait a while for a couple more posts, alot of guy's prefer the 3 blade nowadays because they have evolved and will out perform the 4 blade.
"the things you own will start to own you"
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 5:51am
If you hit a tree as hard as it sounds, you better check your drive shaft for damage. Also you possibly could have knocked your strut out of alignment or bent it. I hate to be the devil's advocate but I'd definitely check those two things.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
bdanley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 9:56pm
i have a 78 ski nautique im looking into getting a 4 blade prop for it since i mainly use it for wakeboarding and tubeing....I have been told it will do better under load....i want some opinions on wether it is worth it to go for a 4 blade or just stay will my regualr 3 blade....I have been doing some research and have had some trouble finding out what size of prop my boat has stock.......Another reason why im looking into a new prop is because last weekend i went to my local mudhole of what used to be called a lake and hit a tree that was submerged didnt do any damage to the glass, the major damage was to my prop so now im faced with ether just fixing this one or getting a new one....im leaning towards getting a new one and fixing my old one just so i have a spare....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic