Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shifter acting up

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shifter acting up
    Posted: September-20-2008 at 10:51pm
My 74' was acting up and we disassembled and then cleaned it and re-greased it and works great.
74SkiNautique
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 8:12pm
You might try disassembling the Morse control and inspecting the detent ball. Clean out all the old grease, re-lube, and reassemble. If you have the factory manual, they should have a diagram of the control. It's a pretty simple unit. We did this to my buddies '79 Tique and it worked fine afterwards. Be sure and inspect the other ends of the cables where they attach to the shift arm on the transmission too while you are at it. If this does not fix it...it might be time for new cables and/or Morse control parts. Good luck!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 8:01pm
I've started having a problem with the throttle not wanting to go to neutral from forward on my '85 BFN. I feel what is like a detent when going from forward to neutral when it works properly, but twice it would not pull back to neutral, even with slight force. After speeding up and slowing down a few times, it went into neutral properly. I'm thnking cable problem, but might there be another cause?
Thanks, Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic