NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confused Fuel Filter installation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused Fuel Filter installation
    Posted: November-02-2008 at 2:06am
I just took my SN to the lake and it continues dying after a few minutes. I replaced the fuels filter. I think is running out of gas. I can idle forever. at 1800 rpm ran for a while, at WOT only lasted a minute or less. I guess I will check the gas tank. The problem seems to be getting worst.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2008 at 4:53pm
Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2008 at 3:27pm
You have it correct now. In/out is relative to the direction of fuel flow.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2008 at 3:16pm
I was replacing my fuel filter and I question the way is installed. I know is really straight forward. Is marked in and out. The in goes to the tank and the out to the carb. I noticed the "IN" end picks from the middle tube a couple inches below the top. To me it makes sense that the "IN" goes to the engine and the "OUT" to the tank which is backwards from what I have now. DO I have my filter installed backwards?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic