NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering cable, info needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering cable, info needed
    Posted: November-25-2008 at 2:28pm
ok sorry... didn't know....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

why not try skidim?

Because SkiDIM doesnt carry the Correct Craft specific cables... they are a dealer-only item.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2008 at 2:06pm
why not try skidim?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 2:23pm
The cable you need is Correct Craft specific, so you'll need to get it from a dealer. Teleflex does not sell it to anyone else, and you cant buy it direct.

Check to see if White Lake will ship overseas:

1997 steering cable
ac505 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2008 at 11:43am
Well, as I'm looking for some winter projects before the baby comes along and zaps all my time, I need to replace the steering cable on my '97 Sport. I dropped the rudder out earlier in the year, regreased this and the cable end which made a significant difference. The boat has sat for a month or 3, and the last time out the steering was tight again (only in one direction) so my guess it's time for a new cable. If I go to cirrect Craft direct in the UK it will cost an absolute fortune so was hoping to get one sent over from the US (even with our now crappy exchange rate it should still be cheaper). Anyway, if somebody would be kind enough to advise the correct length and throw, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic