NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8 barefoot nautiques for sale wow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 barefoot nautiques for sale wow!!
    Posted: August-06-2012 at 6:36pm
The same basic hull was used on all direct drive BFN's '79-90, yes. CC notched the keel aft of the strut (to clear a 14" diameter prop) starting around 1981. Greg also has some hook in the hull of his '88 (there is none on our '79) so CC made a few unadvertised tweaks along the way.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2012 at 6:20pm
tim were the late 80s models on the same hull as the 70s model bfn?

PS: Nice mustang purchase!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2012 at 6:20pm
tim were the late 80s models on the same hull as the 70s model bfn?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2012 at 5:49pm
I went up and looked at them a year after this thread died... they were heaps. The guy originally selling them had died, I spoke with his brother. There were a few parts worth scavenging but thats about it. They were ROUGH, and partially disassembled already.

The only BFN I own is in my signature! Would love a '87-88 though, someday.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2012 at 5:46pm
Since I dug this out of google search I thought I would resurrect it as after reading the entire thread it has piqued my interest! So did anyone on here ever buy one of these boats? Tim? Seems like you were the prime candidate but I don't recall seeing anywhere that you owned a BFN. But I have been known to be wrong on occasion....

The other cool thing is since I grew up in NJ until '90, my family used to vacation on Lk. George, we used to stay at a little cottage village about 15 miles from town. The only time I've actually been parasailing was here on Lk. George and I specifically remember being towed by a BFN. Pretty neat. May have been one of these.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 2:55am
This one 2 hours west of Dallas may interest someone. i know nothing about it:

88 Barefoot Nautique. A true time capsule. Only 400 original hours on the boat. 454 PCM runs strong and boat looks good. Excellent condition.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/1179588455.html
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2009 at 1:00am
I see there is a new listing in diaries, of a couple BFN's for sale. Anyone checked those out yet?
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2009 at 4:41am

Thread bump...

Tim, did you ever get out to check out these boats? Is there going to be a newly refurbished BFN ripping around the lakes of MASS this upcoming summer???

-Adam

1973 Skier
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 7:18pm
[QUOTE=TRBenj] Ha, I thought I bought 3!

Ben, I certainly wouldnt call it a race.

your right a did not used the right word! Sorry, my english is bad! just practicing
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 6:49pm
Ha, I thought I bought 3!

Ben, I certainly wouldnt call it a race. Its a tough time of year to sell boats, and the economy is in the toilet. Most of these boats are extremely rough and Im not sure the asking prices are reasonable. I plan to take a look at them, but havent even been able to make the trip out there yet. A project BFN may be a great opportunity (for those of us who want one, anyways), but as far as I can tell, I dont think that any of these are a great deal.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 6:34pm
I heard he got 2?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 6:30pm
i thought TR bought one
"the things you own will start to own you"
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 5:27pm
It was not the deal we expected? Is there still anyone in the race for one off these boats?
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 5:14am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Ken,
Anything on the parts inventory that's been mentioned?

I think the "large parts inventory" mentioned in the ad is the boats themselves.

Is there anybody out there that still thinks this lot is worth the original thirty thousand dollar asking price?
-Adam

1973 Skier
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 9:54pm
Thanks 75, missed that. still not alot of info. guess I'll have to call if I want more info.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

Anybody heard from this guy? Thought he was going to get on here with some info??

He posted one boat in the diaries and talks about the others.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 8:28pm
Anybody heard from this guy? Thought he was going to get on here with some info??
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2008 at 11:32am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

chalky blue, cant remember where he was from

Probably the one from here then....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 11:54pm
chalky blue, cant remember where he was from
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Remember- its only half mine, though. Im hoping to be playing more of an "advisory" role on this one...

Yeah, right!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I repaired an 88 or so this summer and both sides had stress cracks, from front to back and the owner had absolutely no clue that his stringers were rotted, he was a weekend warrior and he was wondering what the boat was worth and i think i mad him cry,
it was ashame, it was one of the worst CC's Ive seen and at least if someone has no clue on buying a boat this may help, a hammer in this case is the best tool when looking for a boat, tap anywhere you can and if its rotted you'll know

Blue Colored one??

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

I bet HW is right that the red boat is the one in the video- if it sank, that would explain the lack of engine. If I could get an engine for it (mainly for the accessories- blown or not) and a CC trailer for it to sit on, thats the boat Id probably want...

Man, if you got that one running again, you would have a heII of a story regarding it's history!!! By the way, shouldn't you be working on Kingsberry's Lady first!!!

True story on all accounts! Kingsbury's Lady will be getting stringers, floor, cosmetics and become functional in the spring. We got the engine running (finally) just before tucking it away for the winter. Remember- its only half mine, though. Im hoping to be playing more of an "advisory" role on this one... we shall see!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2008 at 4:17am

I bet HW is right that the red boat is the one in the video- if it sank, that would explain the lack of engine. If I could get an engine for it (mainly for the accessories- blown or not) and a CC trailer for it to sit on, thats the boat Id probably want...

Man, if you got that one running again, you would have a heII of a story regarding it's history!!! By the way, shouldn't you be working on Kingsberry's Lady first!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 10:32pm
Hi Again

Matt left me a voice mail message today saying he'd be getting on the website. He should be able to tell some stories about these boats. Thought he'd be here by now but I guess he hasn't made it yet.

Keno
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 4:18pm
me and pete standing there.....ya think we shouldve foamed her?,
good example of what the foam is doing, keeps the keel up a touch so you can keep afloat until help gets there, But, probably the air caught inside the hull will keep it afloat.
there hasnt been a sunk boat worth keeping that Ive ever seen unless you wanted the bare hull, I had one over the summer that went down on the Ohio river, it was a Crownline, it was a muddy mess
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Ben#155 Ben#155 wrote:

most of the hulls looking very rough. How can there be so many stress cracks?

There were a few years (87ish) that were noted for subpar gelcoat. The problem seemed better in '88, and I think they went to AME4000 (epoxy) resin in '89.

Rotten stringers and/or the floor seperating from the hull will also cause the hull to flex excessively, causing cracks- especially along the water line.

Joel, thanks for the link- good info there.

Bruce, Im not sure the BFN wouldnt be a great parasailing rig. I dont know a darned thing about it, but the people that do (JoeinNY, BoatDr) dont take the sport lightly. Windy conditions can be downright dangerous- that looked like operator error to me.

Aka, considering the use of these boats and the hard lives they obviously lived, theyre very clearly huge projects. Anyone thinking that theyre going to score a deal on one of these boats that doesnt need a serious amount of structural and cosmetic work is kidding themselves! I would be very surprised if every single one of them did not need new stringers- though some probably need it more desperately than others.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:00pm
I can't imagine the amount of stress that years of towing a parasailers would cause. Seems to me it would also help with stringer separation over 20 years of towing that much weight at odd angles.
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:42pm
most of the hulls looking very rough. How can there be so many stress cracks?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:42pm
That sinking BFN is hard to look at.

...and a heckuva arguement for foam.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:15pm
What a thrilling para sail ride that guy got. Sounds like a BN may be too light a boat for pulling para sails. Boat Dr pulls one with his Mustang. Big enough storm he better hope the rope snaps.

I never heard about the tour boat that sank and drowned 20 people. Wonder how that happened.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic