NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dearbomatic nameplates

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dearbomatic nameplates
    Posted: December-08-2008 at 10:03am
tried to re-invent the wheel once again, they are starting to in corporate the electronics into the ZF/Hurths btw, ZF bought out Hurth. in the future you will see electric shift, trolling valves and maybe even ski by wire with GPS
I like the BW myself but you cant stop progress
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 10:17pm
Eric, if the Dearbo fails on the 312, it will be converted to a VD. I'm told the VD works, but I'd still have you go through it. Model 70?

Hopefully, the Dearbo will work fine in the Mustang, because if it doesn't I think I'm SOL trying to convert it. I suppose I could always rob the Dearbo from the 312 and then convert it to the VD.

I think the Velvet Drive is the best tranny ever made. I like it better than the ZF or Hurth or whatever it is in my Malibu.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 6:09pm
somewhere in this world is a cache of Dearbo parts, the problem is they are on a shelf somewhere and know one knows what they are,
keep it Riley you may need it someday lol
you have not tested yet? sure does look good
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 5:26pm
Interesting Pete. My Mustang maybe a contender for one of those if the engine/tranny check out this spring when I get to test them out. Maybe the 312 too, but it's pretty far from original in appearence right now.

Eric, I have a spare tranny/bell housing for the 312. The tranny is a VD. Looks like a model 70. Does that sound right?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 1:18pm
do they come with that rust spot?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 1:02pm
"To:     bobrann@fairpoint.net, lucydad1@msn.com, pbrainard@wistool.com, paul.waters.b@bayer.com, spirit_of_mackinac@hotmail.com, glennrd@toad.net, tradgedyat12@yahoo.com, jboy46@gmail.com, kool32@insightbb.com, rpburke@sbcglobal.net, mike@sunfunmarine.com
Hello Everyone!

I am writing all of you becuase at somepoint over the past few years you have purchased or expressed interest in interceptor decals for your engine. I am now currently looking into recreating the tags that I know for sure were on the C class transmissions and I believe they were also used on the A and B class as well. Being that you have interceptors it is likely that you have a dearborn/eaton transmission unless its been swapped out. At any rate I thought I would through it out there that i am recreating these tags, so if anyone else be interested in these let me know. If you don't have one of these transmission please disregard this email or if you know someone that does please pass it along.

Here is a picture of one of my originals.

The replacements I would create will be done on brass with red ink and have a place for stamping the Model Number (ie. 215, 292, 272) and Engine Serial Number.

Thanks,
Steve"

If interested, here's Steve's email: shilpisch@sbcglobal.net

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic