NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Temps/Flush Pro Kit - Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Temps/Flush Pro Kit - Ideas?
    Posted: September-01-2010 at 3:13pm

Leek93SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leek93SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 4:29pm
Well, I won't loose any sleep over the lower temp. As for that *&$#@ fuel guage, I already cleaned the terminals on the sender so the next step is to ohm test it...
Lee K
aka Cowboy Hat
'93 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Leek93SN Leek93SN wrote:

Flush Pro is a device for winterizing/summerizing (I don't run in salt water). An alternative to Fake-A-Lake. I'll try to attach photo. I did however, remove dash to clean contacts on inaccurate fuel guage, but didn't mess with any other wires. (Cleaning didn't help fuel guage either.

Oh yeah, I have a basic idea of what the flush pro is. I was just wondering if maybe introducing some water through the hose, under pressure, could have broken up some sludge somewhere.

I'm guessing when you cleaned your contacts for the fuel gauge, you inadvertently fixed your temp gauge issue. A lot of them get a bad ground, which will cause them to read high. It will actually mess with more than one gauge usually.

Try cleaning the contacts at your fuel sender as well. Of course, you'll have to move your back seat to do this.
Leek93SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leek93SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 1:17pm
Photo way too big for upload.
Lee K
aka Cowboy Hat
'93 Ski Nautique
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 12:56pm
Throw the flush pro in the trash. Just another spot for an air leak.

Leek93SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leek93SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 12:51pm
Flush Pro is a device for winterizing/summerizing (I don't run in salt water). An alternative to Fake-A-Lake. I'll try to attach photo. I did however, remove dash to clean contacts on inaccurate fuel guage, but didn't mess with any other wires. (Cleaning didn't help fuel guage either.
Lee K
aka Cowboy Hat
'93 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2010 at 5:19pm
Hmmm, did your run it at some point with the flush pro? I wonder if the flush pro "flushed" anything that was causing a blockage.

Did you move any electrical wires in the process? Some times bad grounds cause these guages to read to high. The second number is the better number anyway
Leek93SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leek93SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2010 at 1:39pm
July 1 - install new thermostat, engine runs steady 170 degrees.
August 21 - install Flush Pro Kit, engine runs about 158 degrees.
If anything, I thought it might run hotter due to valves, etc. in Flush Pro...weird. Any ideas??
(93 SN, 5.8 PCM Pro Boss HO)
Lee K
aka Cowboy Hat
'93 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic