Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starter Relay (Solenoid)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter Relay (Solenoid)
    Posted: March-13-2004 at 10:16pm
you should be able to test the solenoid fairly easily when it dies with a short wire or the screwdriver method if you don't have any fuel leaks.

i would look at the key switch, neutral safety switch and the engine ground. when in doubt smack the starter with a hammer. it's a ford.
John View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2004 at 4:58pm
Does anyone have the wiring diagram or a digital picture they can send me of how to hook up a starter relay (solenoid) on my 1979 Ski Nautique? I am having a strange problem. On a cold start the engine will fire right up, then after running for a while after the engine gets turned off, the ingintion switch will not start the boat. It acts as if it is dead. It is an intermitent problem. I have tried replacing the solenoid before but it keeps happening. can anyone help me with a suggestion of what the problem might be?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic