Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some works at the shop (many pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some works at the shop (many pics)
    Posted: December-17-2011 at 12:23am
Another fine day on Milke Shake Lake
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 12:50am
Bimini
the good: you can stand and walk on the boat without ducking.
the bad: poor craftsmanship makes it VERY hard to fold, so you better leave it on.

The accesories such as mirror, racks and bimini are made by Roswell, all of them look very good but are poorly made.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 9:47pm
gotta tell you that bimini set so high looks fugly....
nice combo though!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 9:04pm
super air service day!!!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

it is still second best to being on the water if you ask me.

3rd?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 10:28am
I have them in a box, in case I need to glue them to my head on the future!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 10:10am
where are the dreadlocks?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 1:00am
Cool thread thanks for sharing your adventures. My new job as webmaster of a Harley-Davidson dealership has a few perks, but it is still second best to being on the water if you ask me.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 11:39pm
Luchog,

I think the Lunar Eclipse this weekend is gonna be great for ya'll !    Better get us some pics for us back here on the East Coast! The West coast of the USA is gonna see most of it also. Any West Coast guys--Get some PICS
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 11:21pm
4 and counting... another 210 delivered
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 10:47pm
does this count as work too?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 11:12pm
the boat had a messed stainless 23 and it "felt sluggish" the owner said, he didnt wot the boat with that prop as "it's a brand new boat", if these guys knew what they do the engines while testing at the factory... but then he hit something and ruined the rubber hub.

We tested the spare 19' prop and it had some juice left at 5000, I think a 21' would be the one for speed runs and the 19' will cut it for some cruising and skiing with the family. All original Volvo props.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:55pm
did you find a prop?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:50pm
I had the guys from all the marinas around ask if it was me on the "noisy race boat" the other day, I guess it was loud!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:47pm
i hate getting on fast boats with the owners when they are driving, my butt puckers
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:42pm
The Donzi is a local copy, told the guy to get the flappers for the exhaust as they sit pretty close to the waterline and straight to the manifolds!
I never enjoyed speed that much as in that boat, an awesome drive, of course we had to wot it to test the rpms numbers for the prop selection.

On the weekends tests, it's a common joke, "leave the boat with the key onboard, full tank of gas, the beverages are on me, I will tell you on monday how it went"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:30pm
nice Donzi btw
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:29pm
Im close to finishing a 40' Wellcraft, twin BBC's, I will personally be pulling this one to the lake for sea trials lol, without the owner
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 10:28pm
do you incorporate the weekend water tests?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2011 at 9:37pm
Nautique pre delivery work.

An Argentinian Donzi 22 "Cougar" was brought to the shop for some prop advice and overall boat check. Didnt have a GPS available but that thing was fast turning a 19'' prop and hitting the limiter at 5000rpms, still had some juice left on the throttle.

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 11:57am
Ford of Australia inline six

Starting in 1960, Ford of Australia used the same inline six engines as North America, featuring the 144 cid and 170 cid models. Also as in North America, a 200 cid motor was added in 1965. The 144 cid motor was discontinued in late 1966.

In 1968, Ford of Australia increased the deck height of the design to make room for increased crankshaft stroke, resulting in displacements of 188 cid and 221 cid (badged 3.1 and 3.6 litres). They superseded the 170 cid and 200 cid motors in the lineup.

In 1970, Ford of Australia enlarged the motors to 200 cid & 250 cid. The head was of the same design as previous models, with an integral intake catering for 1 single barrel Bendix-Stromberg carburettor. In the configuration, the Falcon 250 cid six was rated at 155 hp (116 kW). Around this time Ford of Australia also developed the '2V' cylinder head, which in all respects was similar to the previous integral "log head" intake, with the exception of a removable aluminum intake which mounted a Bendix-Stromberg WW 2-barrel carburettor. To take advantage of the much improved breathing ability that the removable intake brought to the new head, the 250-2V also featured a much better breathing exhaust manifold. The result was the engine being rated at 170 hp (127 kW).

For years the 250-2V cylinder head was very popular for racing and many have been imported to North America, where owners of cars with the Falcon inline six have upgraded their engines with the better cylinder head.

In 1976, Ford of Australia updated the engines with a new cast iron crossflow head design. Engine displacements remained 200 cid and 250 cid, but were now badged 3.3 and 4.1 litres respectively. These engines were offered in the Ford Falcon XC in Australia. Whereas the previous integral "log head" inline six motor borrowed from the Ford FE engine family design, the new crossflow motor borrowed from the Ford 351 Cleveland engine family. A common upgrade for a crossflow head engine is to use 351 Cleveland roller tip rocker arms.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 6:41am
the 221 3.6L might be one of the most popular car engines around, it was made from the early 60's through the end of the 80's. The Special Performance version was introduced in the mid 70's.

I think the first years the Falcon came with 170cid and 187cid engines, then the 221s and later there was an "econo" model 188cid. it's the block you find at the local junkyards.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2011 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Steve, I had a thread on the off topic section with some videos of it running, and I told the Boat Doctor a little about it and other Argentinian marine engines on some of the recent blown interceptor thread.

Short answer would be, it's like the aussy Ford Falcon engine, a 221. 6 cylinders 7 mains. "Special Performance" Cam, head and intake.

That is cool...the 221 is pretty rare? They only made them a couple of years, didnt they? I think the 7 bolt mains here were started around mid 60's in the 200s.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 11:11pm
Peter, I think you mean the Chrysler 440 under the engine hoist?
It has chromed pulleys
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 11:02pm
is that a supercharger on the motor on the floor?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 10:11pm
This is the inboards/sterndrive work bench/space at the shop

My parts/tools rack

The other half of the shop, divided by all those small outboards is the outboard side of the shop, sort of the dark side of the force or the moon.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 9:33pm
Steve, I had a thread on the off topic section with some videos of it running, and I told the Boat Doctor a little about it and other Argentinian marine engines on some of the recent blown interceptor thread.

Short answer would be, it's like the aussy Ford Falcon engine, a 221. 6 cylinders 7 mains. "Special Performance" Cam, head and intake.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 6:39pm
Luch,
like jbear says..... nice 6!      ...... is that an "aussie" 250 ?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 4:54pm
an ankle blower!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2011 at 4:47pm
John, the owner came today, was very happy with the engine.

David, boats and engines are nice, guess who usually arent?

Kap, the exhaust outlet is just above the platform, so you dont see it because of the angle.

Greg, the 440 shortblock is already assembled with all new stuff, this guy was left in the woods and needs to finish the engine and install it, so we wont be seeing it's guts, although I'd like to check only for peace of mind but gaskets only cost a little fortune. He wont get any warranty for me that's for sure and the owner agreed, he's confident it was well built.
I will be posting on it as I will need help putting it back together as most parts came in the parts bin. If you think that rack is full of parts, picture it past month with the 350's periphericals laying around.

Eric, it's hard to determine which of the two is better.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic