NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Know most of you wont care but...

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Know most of you wont care but...
    Posted: December-21-2011 at 8:28pm
Matt,

Whats the status of the Ski Boat design? I'd be interested in seeing the progress. I have a couple of questions you may be able to help me with. Could you email me? emmcol at ymail dot com.

Regards

Gary

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2011 at 4:23am
Yep, if anything goes wrong, thank god there is always the sales team to blame
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2011 at 2:55am
No, I don't think they have. I was told about it a couple of weeks ago by one of the engineers that I keep in close contact with at MC. It is another fine mess that the sales dept. created though.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 11:18pm
Now Pete....I would never go behind your backs. Just because I am on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu, or something like that. Must have been a slow day so I thought I would wander over there to see what was going on. You do have to admit those Stars & Stripes are some good looking boats. How can I resist??

By the way, I do notice that you seem to be able to keep your plant running, and surf the web most days of the week

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Yes, I saw the thread about some issues with it on Team Talk. The indication was MC was being pretty mum about the issues, and not telling buyers what the issue was. Sounds like it is not a hull design. Is MC saying what the issue is?

Dave,
Are you going "behind our back"? Team talk sounds like you are????

BTW, shouldn't yo be spending more time selling resin than surfing on the net?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 9:12pm
I feel I have lost touch with the latest trends. My lake neighbor has a new MC that he got last year. It is very large, and when the kids use it it frequently is listing to port at an extreme angle. I usually see them with the ballast in the rear. Is the wake that much better when it is trimmed to list that way? It is fun to watch them!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by MIskier MIskier wrote:

I just read someplace that there are design issues with the new X-Star and they are putting the final release on hold and/or moving delivery dates out. Anybody else heard of issues with the new boat?

I assume your talking about the thread on TT? There were some issue with vendor parts. The design itself is finalized and ready to go.

Yes, I saw the thread about some issues with it on Team Talk. The indication was MC was being pretty mum about the issues, and not telling buyers what the issue was. Sounds like it is not a hull design. Is MC saying what the issue is?
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Do you think they will have one at the Atlanta boat show? I would like to see it in person.

They are only going to have enough out at that time to take them to the big boat shows. So they may depending on when the Atlanta show lands compared to shows like Miami.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 10:24pm
Do you think they will have one at the Atlanta boat show? I would like to see it in person.
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 1:50pm

I just read someplace that there are design issues with the new X-Star and they are putting the final release on hold and/or moving delivery dates out. Anybody else heard of issues with the new boat?

I assume your talking about the thread on TT? There were some issue with vendor parts. The design itself is finalized and ready to go.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 9:00pm
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 12:04pm
its a shame that a group of guys will build a tower out of treated wood just to get out and board on a 500.00 boat, is that commitment, i wonder who is having the most fun out there? or has that been taken away for these 100k tube pullers?
you come out to my lake anyday and you will see these boats pulling tubes, maybe like the true meaning of Christmas, kinda envy those guys on that old boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 4:14am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Yeah Lamborghini maybe not... More like a lifted hummer

OK Joe my comparison might be a little off. Just looking at it from an optimist stand point.cut me some slack
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 4:12am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Think you have us guys figured out Hoss...

john

Fortunately jbear i fit in with most crowds. I am one of those guys that hangs out at the car shows and has 50s music on the radio. I didnt mean any disrespect. I just respect the guy for doing something he likes.

76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2011 at 2:49am
Think you have us guys figured out Hoss...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Just another product to help deplete our worlds energy resources!

Now that you put it that way I am starting to kind of like it!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 10:15pm
Just another product to help deplete our worlds energy resources!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 9:27pm
Yeah Lamborghini maybe not... More like a lifted hummer
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

MIskier i would be proud to have built or designed anything on that boat. I am a 20 something guy who has a 76 CC and love it. Basically you came to a car show with 50s music playing in the background and old guys cruising around in t buckets to t birds. You just pulled up in a lambo. Yeah they laughed at you and YES guys like 8812PBRAINARD have forgot more than we will know, in all reality its awesome. great job

Never thought of it like that but i suppose that is a good way to look at it.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 8:03pm
h0ly Cr@p...
I dont think the Queen Mary has a wake the large... Great for wakeboarders...

....not so great for everyone that has to deal with it in other boats?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 6:48pm
MIskier i would be proud to have built or designed anything on that boat. I am a 20 something guy who has a 76 CC and love it. Basically you came to a car show with 50s music playing in the background and old guys cruising around in t buckets to t birds. You just pulled up in a lambo. Yeah they laughed at you and YES guys like 8812PBRAINARD have forgot more than we will know, in all reality its awesome. great job
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 6:11pm
The boat is featured in action here. Impressive wake!:
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2011 at 1:53pm
I saw that episode. The boat looked sweet, but did have a hack job on the paint.
I think it's funny how some on here bash non CC boats, just because they are non CC. I happen to own a Barefoot Nautique for the reason that I've not seen a boat with a wake as good as it for racing (currently looking for a '91). But if I were a serious wakeboarder/wakesurfer, and had the skrilla to afford it, I might be looking at one of those.

Life is Short, Boats are Cool.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 1:59pm
That's a shame Bruce, like it would have killed him for you to haul it off vs him sending to the dump.

Keegan. You obviously got a better look than I. I tuned it just as it was wrapping up and just caught a glimpse.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

On an episode of Pawn Stars the other night, a guy brought one of those in, looked to be in mint condition. Wanted about $10,000 for it. Rick didnt want any part of it. I don't kono too much about the value of classic glass, but I would think that was probably a fair price.

Lots of very cool/odd 50s fiberglass boat designs. Fiberglassics website used to be fun to peruse, but it changed ownership (as I understand it) and its not as good any more.

I saw that episode. The boat looked good from across the parking lot, but had a crappy paint job and a lot of non-original parts. Definitely not a $10K boat.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 1:53pm
That looks like about a 1959 Glastron Fireflite. I had found one I was trying to rescue, but the owner opted to send it to the dump.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 1:50pm
On an episode of Pawn Stars the other night, a guy brought one of those in, looked to be in mint condition. Wanted about $10,000 for it. Rick didnt want any part of it. I don't kono too much about the value of classic glass, but I would think that was probably a fair price.

Lots of very cool/odd 50s fiberglass boat designs. Fiberglassics website used to be fun to peruse, but it changed ownership (as I understand it) and its not as good any more.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 1:22pm
Mike those things are beautiful. All those Bel-Air and T-bird inspired glass boats were way out there. Looks like a Jetsons spacecraft.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2011 at 12:25pm
I found out where MC got the design influence. Who would have thought Glastron was that far ahead of its time? It even has a form of pickle fork bow.

MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2011 at 4:15am
Oh well when you said $140 per fill I thought you meant a literal tank 27gal. A week is amazing, more like a tank a day when I'm at our lake.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic