Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parts needed for 85 Barefoot nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AZ64-X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ64-X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts needed for 85 Barefoot nautique
    Posted: April-01-2012 at 10:50pm
The boat Is back together, and sitting at lake pleasent.We took it out, fired right up and Runs out great. Buffed it all out and did the teak again! very nice boat but now ready for a new owner! Listed in ccf boats for sale! Thank you All that helped out with parts! and we will enjoy it untill its gone!
just do it!
mslitti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslitti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 2:04am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Do you have the 454 or 351w? That will drive your prop choice... and I believe the 2 powertrains used different shaft lengths as well.

I'll assume you have the 454 since that was more common. If youre on a serious budget, then check out HW's 13x14. If you can spring for a new prop, that will offer a huge performance benefit. The Acme 1598 (13x14) has proven to be a great choice for a stock replacement prop. But tell us how you use the boat, as that recommendation could change for your application.

On the shaft, I would encourage you to measure the distance from the transmission coupler to the aft end of the strut. The stock shaft size with the 454 would have been 41" long (1" diam). I would shorten that up as much as possible though, in an effort to minimize the strut to prop clearance (aim for 1/2" of clearance) as this will improve performance and put less of a load on the shaft. We took 1.5" off the stock shaft on our BFN. If you cant find a used shaft, then call up SkiDIM and have Elberts make you a custom length ARE dual taper for ~$300.

The 351 and 454 uses the same size shaft 41"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by AZ64-X55 AZ64-X55 wrote:

Yes, Pete its been awhile! Still looking for the best way to get the Dunphy back at sea. Have you talked to Craig latley?

Email me at pbrainard@shalestamping.com and we can talk further without messing up the thread. No, I haven't talked to him in about 4 months. I don't think he's gotten very far with his X ether.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
AZ64-X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ64-X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2012 at 12:13pm
Yes, Pete its been awhile! Still looking for the best way to get the Dunphy back at sea. Have you talked to Craig latley?
just do it!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2012 at 9:48am
AZ64-X55,
What does the "X55" in your screen name stand for? As a X55 owner, I'm just curious!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
AZ64-X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ64-X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 9:39pm
Done that, The price is going up as I type! It turns out to be a pretty nice boat for its age! 470 hrs on it. pulled the fresh water pump(missing only one rubber fin) and I have already did the teak, my parts are supposed to be shipping out this weekend! Buy the way there is no ice one the lake here!!
just do it!
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 12:07pm
You might sell it, Or fall in love with it!
Mike
Lakedog55
AZ64-X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ64-X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 9:18pm
It has the 454, I am getting the boat for payment on a job well done, Owner owes me so looks like this one will be for sale after I get it back in shape! Any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

just do it!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 10:23am
Do you have the 454 or 351w? That will drive your prop choice... and I believe the 2 powertrains used different shaft lengths as well.

I'll assume you have the 454 since that was more common. If youre on a serious budget, then check out HW's 13x14. If you can spring for a new prop, that will offer a huge performance benefit. The Acme 1598 (13x14) has proven to be a great choice for a stock replacement prop. But tell us how you use the boat, as that recommendation could change for your application.

On the shaft, I would encourage you to measure the distance from the transmission coupler to the aft end of the strut. The stock shaft size with the 454 would have been 41" long (1" diam). I would shorten that up as much as possible though, in an effort to minimize the strut to prop clearance (aim for 1/2" of clearance) as this will improve performance and put less of a load on the shaft. We took 1.5" off the stock shaft on our BFN. If you cant find a used shaft, then call up SkiDIM and have Elberts make you a custom length ARE dual taper for ~$300.
AZ64-X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ64-X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 10:03pm
I am looking for a prop and shaft for a 85 barefoot nautique, let me know what you have including shipping to AZ 85342 Thank you!! You may call me @ 602 321 5864
just do it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic