NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what engine
    Posted: April-14-2013 at 6:26pm
nice boat
This is the life
birdiebertus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiebertus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 5:18pm
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 10:53am
b.g.,

Welcome to the site!! There is lots of help here, with many different personalities, but don't hesitate to ask. I do see a pylon with the ring and finger cut off. Too bad for those of us that strive to keep it original, but some replacement parts are found on this site!! How about posting some photos of the boat, trailer and interior.

Todd
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 10:47am
An automotive (car) starter will not work on the reverse rotation motor. Try a shop that rebuilds starters, as they may be able to rebuild yours, or have a reverse rotation stater in stock.

You have a great looking motor, but be careful on some automotive parts that greatly reduce the safety.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by birdiebertus birdiebertus wrote:

i have a RH prop and a 1:1 gear so my engine is a RH engine
so it is not posseble to juse a car start engine

sorry for my bad engels

Besides the opposite rotation from automotive, there are components that are used for marine safety. Fuel delivery and ignition protected electrics are the major items.

You're OK with your English. So far, I'm able to comprehend!! Just don't ask me to respond in whatever you typically use!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiebertus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 9:59am
i have a RH prop and a 1:1 gear so my engine is a RH engine
so it is not posseble to juse a car start engine

sorry for my bad engels
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 8:41am
If the prop is on the boat and it's the correct hand, take a look at it. If it rotates clockwise in forward looking at it from the aft and you have a direct drive 1:1 trans, then it's a RH.

BTW, over hear, that automotive air cleaner is against the US coast guard regulations. If you don't mind driving a potential bomb keep it otherwise get a marine flame arrestor. Your fuel line to the carb is also suspect and not USCG. Who's been doing the "hacking" on your engine/carb?
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Marine Holleys do not have externally adjustable floats, or sight plugs... both ports are closed up with solder plugs.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiebertus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 8:35am
hello i need to no what engine i have LH or RH rotation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic