NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prestolite Alternator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dan in CT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan in CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prestolite Alternator
    Posted: May-02-2013 at 10:22am
I picked up a couple 5 in. bolts, and two shaft collars (about 1/4in.) for a spacer. Pulley lines up nice, moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion. Dan
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2013 at 6:22am
That alignment is way off especially for a short centered sheave/belt set. I wouldn't even try to run it that way. You'll chew up a belt in very little time. It's pretty common to have some alignment issues but check your brackets as well as the alternator sheave position on it's shaft. You may have to shim the alternator if you can't find anything else.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dan in CT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan in CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 10:33pm
New day, new question! Engine is a 351 PCM 1983, in a 1981 SN. Replacing hoses, belts, you name it. Found the alternator pulley to be about 3/16 out of plane with the crank/cam pulleys. My gut says to leave it alone and keep a spare belt and jumper cables in the boat. Is this misalignment common?

Can someone confirm the alternator is correct? Prestolite ALK-6220Y 2P. Thanks Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic