NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wont Start and Hours showing 0.0

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wont Start and Hours showing 0.0
    Posted: May-16-2013 at 5:34pm
Are there any fuses potentially involved here?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2013 at 4:43pm
I have the PCM MEFI diagnostic manual if you need a copy shoot me your email address.

Buoy Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buoy Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2013 at 4:07pm
I do all my own maintenance, All the filters are good. Its nothing that simple....everything ive read states that when the hour meter reads 0.0 either the ECM is dead or not getting power. Im leaning towards dead since its has sat for 4 1/2 months and ive done nothing to it but charge the battery as i do every year.
2005 Ski Nautique 206
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2013 at 3:45pm
Has it had a tune-up recently?? Bad gas/old gas?? Lanyard?? Did you change the FCC filter since it ran last??
Hr meter is a concern however I would check and see if you are getting spark and fuel and work from there.
Buoy Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buoy Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2013 at 11:25pm
Yeah i know what youre saying....that little additional wire powers up the dash pod. Everything is all hooked up, the lanyard is in and i checked that as well. The part that throwing me off is the hours reading 0.o on the dash. That leads me to believe its the ECM.
2005 Ski Nautique 206
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2013 at 10:09pm
Safety lanyard?

Is everything connected to your battery that should be?

Most of us have a pretty simple setup with a big red cable and big black cable. But I remember a poster a while back that had one additional smaller wire that was supposed to go to one of the posts. I can't remember if it was positive or negative. He had forgotten to connect it and had a situation much like yours till he figured it out. It was also a more "modern" boat.
Buoy Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buoy Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2013 at 9:44pm
Boat has ran perfect with a hiccup since it left the showroom floor. Put boat away i have every winter. Pulled it out, charged battery (13.1 volts), now engine cranks but will not start. Engine hours on dash showing 0.0 Hours. Battery is fine had it "load" tested.

Anyone seen this?
2005 Ski Nautique 206
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic