Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apex motor Cranks but wont Start

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jdubb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apex motor Cranks but wont Start
    Posted: May-19-2013 at 4:48pm
The reason I over rode the safety lanyard is because of all the posts about the those switches going bad.

I have ohm out all the wires leading back to ecm and relays seems like all the wires are good.

I have found that the green wire coming from the ecm is not providing power to the fuel relay.

Im leaning toward ECM issue.
JDubb
1997 Ski Nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2013 at 4:28pm
safety lanyard comments make it suspect...maybe burned a wire regarding fuel pumps before the 50 breaker kicked?
This is the life
jdubb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2013 at 3:29pm
I know there are a ton of these threads, because I think I have read them all but I'm at a loss.

Motor Cranks but wont start. Fuel pump does not have power. I have checked all the fuses and they all ohm out. Also they all have 12 V when the key is on (both sides). I have removed the safety lanyard and just connected the wires. I have also replaced both relays. Still no power to the pumps. If i apply 12v with a jumper I can hear both pumps run and hear fuel. However motor still wont start.

What else can I check? Is this a computer issue?

Boat ran perfect before I put it away for the winter. After I corrected the battery issue by purchasing a new one and resetting the breaker. THat is when the fuel issue occured. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions for you to help me solve this problem.

Thanks
JDubb
1997 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic