NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement engine CC Ski Nautique 1977

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement engine CC Ski Nautique 1977
    Posted: May-30-2013 at 7:05am
Pascal,
Check your rotation. The original engine would be a RH (reverse rotation). Viewing the prop from the aft end, the prop/engine will turn clockwise in the forward direction. You don't want to change the rotation since the hull is designed to counteract the torque twist of the prop. Confirm the rotation of your engine.

How about getting a 350 block over there and swapping parts? It's an alternate to importing a new RH engine.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Global8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Global8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 6:52am
Hi hello,

Indeed it is an 350 cu inch, and a left turning engine(possible? anyway I'm sure that OMC block turns the opposite way versus all other engines)

Engine has cracked due to freezing, carburator needs to be replaced, output manifolds are already long time cracked & rewelded but open again, starter is blocked, ... .

I prefer to replace it instead of repairing with new parts, to be sure I'll have a stable long time solution and no need to worry when on the water again.

Br,
Pascal

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 6:27am
Pascal,
Welcome to CCfan. We always ask for pictures so, when you get a chance, we'd love to see some.

Do you know what's wrong with the OMC? It's most likely the 350 cu. in. so parts should be easy to get. If you need any of the marine specific parts needed we can help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Global8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Global8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 5:31am
Hello,

I'm a very big fan from CC in Belgium.

I have a 1977 Ski Nautique which has been in the family since 1980 but hasn't been in the water in the last 10 years.
I've spent my childhood in it and would never sell it ... but I need to restore it.

I've been looking to buy a replacement engine pack in Europe, but pricing is over 18K$.

Can anyone help me out with this in the US? I can imagine it can be possible to buy and ship it to Europe?

The original engine is a OMC, I need the complete engine + gearbox.

Many thx!

Best regards from Belgian Correct Craft lovers,

Pascal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic