NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starter relay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter relay
    Posted: June-04-2013 at 10:21am
yep, will do. tbh I gave up the other night and just disconnected the relay from the bracket for the purpose of starting the engine.
Fingers crossed Ill get it fired up this week..
'82 Ski Tique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2013 at 6:30am
Graham,
Play around with the bracket to see if you have the mounting positions for the breaker and relay correct. I don't feel they are in the correct place.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 10:17pm
Not to long after I saw this I was wandering around in West Marine. They had plenty of relays like that, so I would guess it will work.

My balast resistor has a 2 reds on one side and a purple and black on the other.   I used the hand drawn ProTec replacement pic for where they go. ( sorry too much beer and I'm too lazy to look through the harness).
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Looks scary close to the housing holding the 50amp breaker, you might want to move that over some.

As well as the one terminal on the ballast resistor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 12:34pm
Thanks, should have worked that one out!!
Thatll the big chunky black wire that connects to the starter then.

Yeah I was trying to work out why the breaker and relay don't seem to fit correctly to the mounting plate, even more so when I try to line the fuse up with the plastic cover
'82 Ski Tique
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 9:38am
battery on one side starter on the other.   Looks scary close to the housing holding the 50amp breaker, you might want to move that over some.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 9:38am
I believe that terminal goes to the starter.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2013 at 9:34am
Due this look right, not sure whether its classd as the relay.. but the electrical 'cannister' on the RHS:

Im yet to find pictures of anything similar on the web so am wondering whether this is non-original (wouldnt be surprised with this boat!!)

Also, Im in the process of wiring everthing back together.. as I managed to lose all the photos I took whilst dismantling I need to know what the connector with the white masking tape tab in the photo should be wired to??

As always - any help muchos appreciated..
'82 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic