Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine cuts off

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine cuts off
    Posted: June-16-2013 at 10:22pm
replaced steering cable fixed. Replaced protech and new GT40 heads runs great. Thanks for the help your advice is always appreciated.
79 nautique 93 nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by skirunt skirunt wrote:

...The boat ran great until they changed the bowl...

Strong clue right there.
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 11:07pm
Thanks for your help, I believe i might have to adjust the float. The bowl was off a old carb that was in the shop. Your input has always proven to be very helpful and appreciated. There was not a screen on the carbs inlet. The boat ran great until they changed the bowl. I will check the anti syphon valve, and the fuel water separator.
79 nautique 93 nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by skirunt skirunt wrote:

Their is a grease fitting in they very back of boat above the rudder.Not the gear box just a union.

Where is this union? How about a picture? Gear box?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

By boat has had lifter noise for the 16 years i've had it. Runs great.
I don't panic when I hear about lifter noise. Consider just runing it and solving your fuel delivery issue.

You have soem carb tuning to do and some boogars in your antisyphon valve on the tank outlet inhibiting fuel volume available at WOT.

Agreed. Definitely check the anti-syphon valve.
You said you replaced the fuel bowl. You could have the float adjusted way too low.
Have you changed the fuel filter/water seperater? If that's boogered up (Tom's lingo) it can cause big problems too.
Is there a filter screen at the carb's fuel inlet? That could be really gunked up. OOPS, I mean boogered up.

Your fuel pump is not a problem. It either works or it doesn't.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 3:58pm
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

By boat has had lifter noise for the 16 years i've had it. Runs great.
I don't panic when I hear about lifter noise. Consider just runing it and solving your fuel delivery issue.

You have soem carb tuning to do and some boogars in your antisyphon valve on the tank outlet inhibiting fuel volume available at WOT.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 2:49pm
Their is a grease fitting in they very back of boat above the rudder.Not the gear box just a union. This happened MM day weekend. They sticking valve was a problem when I bought the boat I sea foamed it hoping to buy time, short time anyway. To get it in tip top working order.1 get rid of pro tech. 2 Replace with GT 40 heads easy upgrade. 3 Fix steering 4 Fuel prob could be weak pump or could be sucking air note no tef tape used on threads. The boat has 1056 hrs
79 nautique 93 nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 10:35am
Tackle 1 thing at a time.   What is the symptom of the sticky valve? Just ticking noise?    I would sort out the carb/ignition problems 1st, otherwise if you replace heads you may have 2 or 3 problems stacked on top of each other (like intake air leaks).

What do you mean by 'gear box' above rudder?    
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2013 at 10:04am
Bought the 93 HO in jan 2013. It has been alittle irritable. First problem the previous owner had stripped out fuel bowl threads to the gas line. It came loose while running. Replaced the fuel bowl. It now seems to be starving for fuel. It cuts out, if you are quick and pump the fuel it picks back up. Around 40 mph it will cut off. No fuel leaks thinking pump might be weak?? Runs strong when getting fuel. Really acts up when accelerating then runs great until around forty. Is there one or two fuel pumps(lifter pump??)The protect is acting up also so I bought the conversion kit. Also have a sticky valve so I have GT 40 heads. It also developed a steering issue there is a berr in the last turn right or left. I greased the gear box above the rudder. It made it better but not gone. Got a new steering cable. The box took alot of grease. Thinking of replacing it to. The marina that I keep it at is swamped. I am thinking about doing it myself sence we have the time while my wife is recovering. I am a ok mechanic. Never rebuild a motor though mainly pull off and put back( motors, transmissions, ect) Though there are several problems they seem minor and a got a good deal on the boat. Any suggestions????
79 nautique 93 nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic