Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil pan drain hole size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Footer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil pan drain hole size
    Posted: June-17-2013 at 10:57pm
I went to Advance Auto and looked up 1987 Chevy Suburban with 454 and oil plug was 1/2-20. Pulled engine this past Saturday and that plug fit. I wanted to have the draning hose with me when I put the engine into storage so that I can measure it and get a new one. I am going to start repair on the boat soon and will start a new thread when I have time.
'87 Barefoot Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 3:34pm
The older 351's are 1/2 x 20 UNF, the newer ones like my '95 are 14mm x 1.5 If I was going to guess it would be the 1/2 x 20.

I just installed one of these on my '95 I have one on my wifes Jeep diesel and love it.
http://www.qwikvalve.com/
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I just went to Skidim to see if I could find a thread size. No luck but I did find and interesting notation. Their site says that on some CC's, the aft ends of the engine needs to be raised to install the oil drain hose kit. WOW, they don't go on to tell your about what this does to the alignment!! I guess they want to sell trans's after the tail end is blown out from misalignment??

Pete, its pretty common on the newer boats (and v-hulls) to have the oil pans in close proximity to the bilge. Theres no room to install that fitting unless you raise the motor up. Surely you realize that it would be ok to set the motor back down once the fitting is installed. SkiDIM is simply warning customers that the install may not be a simple plug and play.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 8:02am
I just went to Skidim to see if I could find a thread size. No luck but I did find and interesting notation. Their site says that on some CC's, the aft ends of the engine needs to be raised to install the oil drain hose kit. WOW, they don't go on to tell your about what this does to the alignment!! I guess they want to sell trans's after the tail end is blown out from misalignment??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Footer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:01pm
That would be too easy!
Do you think the hole would be standard screw (bolt) threads. I will take a selection of bolts and see which fits.
Thanks
'87 Barefoot Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 5:48pm
Eric,
Since you are pulling the engine, it sure would be easy to just measure what's on it now.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Footer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 5:30pm
I have a queston that I could not find in a search. I have a 1987 Barefoot Nautique with BBC 454. I need to know what the oil drain hole size is. I am pulling the engine out to do some hull repair and would like to replace the oil drain hose. The outside is getting cracked and I am worried about it leaking. Also anybody know where to get a replacement? I checked Skidim and need to know size. The hose looks like it is 1/4 or 3/8 inch ID.
Thanks
Eric
'87 Barefoot Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic