Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slight rolling idle and a little rough at tickover
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slight rolling idle and a little rough at tickover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Alcarlaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcarlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slight rolling idle and a little rough at tickover
    Posted: June-17-2013 at 7:21pm
Thanks levy, I read that post with interest when I was initially diagnosing the problem. I've gone ahead and changed the hose in the FCC, it looks like the hose was past its best. I didn't change the filter or o-ring so need to pay close attention to ensure the FCC canister doesn't develop a leak.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2013 at 10:53pm
Guys this old thread on GT40 Rolling Idle (loping) should give you a good start.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2013 at 10:56am
I'm having a same problem with my 95 GT 40 I'd appreciate if you let me know how to fix Thanks Dave
bigwavedave
Alcarlaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcarlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2013 at 6:55am
My GT40 has developed a slight rolling idle and also seems to run a little rough under load at low rpm ( and I mean slight on both counts, if I didn't know the engine I wouldn't think anything was up with it.
Watching the rpm gauge on the Perfect pass, the change in rpm is minimal, 30-40rpm but you do feel the engine hesitate and judder slightly, it just doesn't feel as smooth as it should. I've already replaced the relay to the ECM and the idle air control valve so my next plan is to replace the hose inside the FCC just in case it has developed a crack. Question, as I replaced the FCC filter not too long ago so it doesn't need replaced, is it an absolute no no to open the filter can to replace the hose and not change the o-rings??

If it comes to it, I'll just purchase a new filter and o-ring but they are a little tricky to come by in the UK and are expensive.....

If this doesn't provide a fix, would it be worthwhile changing the plug leads, maybe one is starting to break down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic