Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keypad 2000 Air Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiqeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiqeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keypad 2000 Air Nautique
    Posted: July-14-2014 at 1:30pm
Does you have the schematics or pics of how you did the wiring because my 2000 Nautique just got really wet and now the keypad is dead no lights nothing but my bilge is working and my battery is good. So I was hoping to put in a bypass ignition
ccfairnautique2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfairnautique2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 3:29pm
Yeah, I saw that video; which is what got me thinking about how to bypass the control system.

Once I found the schematics, it seemed pretty simple, although I was concerned about frying the PME.

I still don't understand the idea of a ski boat that can't get wet.......
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by ccfairnautique2000 ccfairnautique2000 wrote:

I just had a chat with a very knowledgable person (who will remain nameless as they were very concerned about liability) and they were able to verify that connecting a hot wire to the "Purple Wire" would power up the engine computer and connecting a hot lead to the "Yellow/Red Wire" would engage the starter. No harm to the PME (they said the PME wouldn't even be aware of it).

I didn't ask about the functionality of the rest of the system.

I haven't decided whether to do this on a permanent basis with an old school ignition switch, but it certainly gives me more comfort to know how to get home if the electronics fail.

If it's possible, then I'd think it would be possible to wire up this switch in parallel with the normal circuit. So, you could have both your keypad and your backup key switch.

In this thread, Storm34 posted a video where the guy had rigged up a backup starter switch. I'd think it would be possible to rig a backup ignition switch also.
Edit: Here is the thread http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26345&title=2000-sport-keypad-help

Doing this though, you're definitely not going to get full dash functionality without the keypad or a serious wiring overhaul.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfairnautique2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 2:02pm
I just had a chat with a very knowledgable person (who will remain nameless as they were very concerned about liability) and they were able to verify that connecting a hot wire to the "Purple Wire" would power up the engine computer and connecting a hot lead to the "Yellow/Red Wire" would engage the starter. No harm to the PME (they said the PME wouldn't even be aware of it).

I didn't ask about the functionality of the rest of the system.

I haven't decided whether to do this on a permanent basis with an old school ignition switch, but it certainly gives me more comfort to know how to get home if the electronics fail.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 1:47pm
Shoot me the numbers between CTC and the letter and I can get the original master code.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 1:35pm
Something could be rigged up, I imagine.

Are you looking for a "backup" to just get power to your ignition and starter, or are you looking for full functionality?

I'm going to assume you just want a backup. I'd think full functionality would be possible but it would be a way bigger wiring project.

I believe but I'm not positive, that the dash "talks" to the engine via a similar 8 prong harness that the older ones used, like this.

Step 1.) Can you confirm this with a picture of your engine harness connector?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfairnautique2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 1:13pm
Thanks RJ.

It's not the code, but the #4 button. It works about 1 in 20 times. I've got the keypad out and sitting in an airtight container full of rice, hoping that drying it out will help.

Even if I buy a new one, I am really uncomfortable with a boat that doesn't work when it gets wet.

We sometimes go boat camping out in the boonies, and we have plans to take my 1 year old granddaughter with us. Not a comforting thought.

I'm really looking for a method to bypass the system for safety reasons.

Warning-Snarky comments below!

I don't really want to have the following conversation...

Son-Dad, what's wrong with the boat?
Me-It won't start.
Son-Why? When can you get it fixed, we want to go boarding.
Me-I can't fix it.
Son-What? You can fix anything.
Me-Not this.
Son-What do you mean?
Me-The electronics got wet, and I can't fix them
Son-What do you mean , "got wet". It's a boat.
Me-Yeah
Son-Starting to sink-in. Did you know about this problem with the boat?
Me-Yeah, I'd heard about it.
Son-Looking at my kinda funny, not too worried yet, 'cause he's seen me fix a LOT of stuff. Dad, what are we going to do if we are stuck out here? Looks at his wife and daughter....

Thanks Correct Craft!

BTW-That big ugly sticker on the dash warning me about everything isn't complete. It needs to also say"Warning: If you get this boat wet, it may quit running and you may starve to death because it won't take you home."
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 12:21am
If you have an owners manual the first pages cover operation of the keypad. With the battery disconnected it may have entered into locked mode, or reset. Your primary user code may have erased and you will need to use the Master code for your boat which was programmed from Correct Craft at the factory. In the event that the battery cables or main power leads to the keypad were reversed, the keypad and switch control box could be damaged beyond repair. If you don't have an owners manual PM me your email and i will send you a pdf.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfairnautique2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2013 at 3:12pm
I went to prep our 2000 Air Nautique (GT-40 PCM Motor) yesterday and after putting in the battery (stored on trickle charge), the keypad wouldn't unlock the system.

The little green lights flashed when pushing all of the numbers except #4.

I put the key pad in an electric oven @120F for four hours and stored it overnight in a bucket of rice.

Still no go. Besides buying a new one, which I will do, is there a way to bypass this thing?

Not wild about not being able to start the boat on the lake.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic