NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

95 Ski Nautique ok for wakeboardin

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 Ski Nautique ok for wakeboardin
    Posted: August-24-2013 at 7:10pm
Congrats on your new boat! A test drive was the right idea.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
ccfan_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfan_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2013 at 8:39pm
Thanks everyone for replies and thoughts. I test drove the 95 and it was pretty beat up compared to the 88. Plus the price came down a bit on the 88 and had a flitepipe and bimini top and was in excellent condition. So we're now official SN owners and really excited! Will post pic to our profile.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2013 at 8:20pm
what he said...i did basically the same thing for years in a '93...now have an '88 and a Super Air...both of which are better (obviously) than the '93, but the '93 was perfectly adequate.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2013 at 6:36pm
I put a 600lb on each side of the dogbox. So 1,200 lbs total ballast. With 4 people in the boat plus ballast it puts out a very respectable wake for a slalom boat. Speed all depends on the rider. I rode at 23-24mph at 75' of line.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2013 at 6:26pm
How old are your kids? Are they 15-19yo budding competition level riders?

If not, I would go with the 95. That would be a No Wake Zone hull like mine. It makes a nice little ramp at wakeboard speed. Yes, the 88 wake would be bigger but...

With the 95 you have no wood stringers, more room, and more accessible bow storage. You may potentially also have a more powerful engine potentially. Although, it depends on the option as it could be the same also.
ccfan_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfan_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 6:17pm
bhectus -- thanks for your prompt reply! How much ballast did you add and where? I've read about some folks adding 1k# which doesn't leave a lot of room for skiers. What was the optimal wakeboard speed?
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 1:24pm
Get the '95. It will still have plenty good wake for wakeboarding. I could do any of my inverts and spins behind my '96 that I wanted to with some added ballast.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
ccfan_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfan_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 1:09pm
I'm a long time fan of cc and just about to purchase my first one! I have a choice between a very nicely maintained 88 with 700 hrs or a pretty well maintained single owner 95 with 470 hrs priced better.

I slalom and I'm just getting my kids into water sports. I'm sure we'll want to learn wakeboarding. Although I like the 95 roominess, I'm concerned the wake will be too flat for wakeboarding?   I've definitely read that on searches already. Wondering if kids could still have a good time on a wakeboard on a 95 or do I need to stick with the 88?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic